Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default My Top 10 Pop Songs of 2012

I felt this was appropriate.
    And my parents are watching some absolute garbage TV so this will pass the time!

10. Anything Could Happen - Ellie Goulding
    I don't like Ellie Goulding. I find her pretentious and a bit naff and lah-dee-dah. Starry Eyed was just a plate of troutty hipster... trout, but I can get on board with this one. It's dancey and boppy and has some nice vocals, not too much of her usual OTT vibrato and whinyness.

9. Some Nights - Fun
    I like this song better than their other song, even thought their other song was bigger. We Are Young? Yeah, honourable mention to that, but this one is better. It's pumpier.

8. Call My Name - Cheryl Cole
    Oh Cheryl. Such a love/hate relationship I have with you. I love you, but I hate you. You're so amazing and yet you're so lame. This song however, is a stomper. I love it. HOW'D YOU THINK I FEEL WHEN YOU CALL MY NAME! So catchy, and EVERYTIME I hear this song, I can't help but want to dance.

7. Princess of China - Coldplay and Rihanna
    I just like it. And I liked them singing it together at the Paralympics ceremony. Rihanna you are still a lemon, and Chris Martin you are still a lime. But you mix well together, much like this song.

6. Part of Me - Katy Perry
    I love this, it's campy, strong woman message, the nice peppy vocals. This song actually came out around the same time me and my ex boyfriend were constantly fighting and trying to get one up on each other, so I felt this was a bit of an anthem for my year. I love it. Katy Perry at her finest.

5. Call Me Maybe - Carly Rae Jepsen
    I couldn't have a top ten without this number. Nobody can deny the infectious impact this song has had worldwide. I love it. I think Carly is a total trout. She's like 27 or something and she's acting like a 17 year old. But listening to this song makes me feel like I'm 17, and I'm trying to hold onto my youth, so thanks CRJ.

4. Summertime Sadness - Lana Del Rey
    Lana has stolen this year, and this is my favourite song off her album, it's super sad and gorgeous, the video is amazing. Oh Lana, never stop, you are beautiful and doing something totally different and I love that. But no more botox girl, please.

3. Where Have You Been - Rihanna
    Probably the best track from 'Talk That Talk'. Awesome dancing, awesome beats. A song unlike any I heard this year, very distinctive and an awesome video to boot. You may be a complete and utter smurfing troll, but damn girl. This song is totally awesome.

2. Love is Easy - McFly
    McFly, a band I've grown up with. I love them, they've always been very cheesy, but sometimes they come out with a song that's mature. This song however, is just pure happiness! I can't help but smile when I hear it. I'm totally going fangirl on you, but I love how these guys have grown up and this song is just total cheesy poppy fun!

1. Skyfall - Adele
    It's Adele. Doing a Bond Theme. ADELE, DOING A BOND THEME. It's just pure musical class, it really is. She's glorious, although I've seen some of her interviews and actually, she's filthy and hilarious. This woman is my kind of woman. Someone make Adele be my best friend.

So, that's a very brief review of 2012's music by me.
    I must dash now, I have a date with the Spexy Beast.

What are your favourite songs of this year?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've listened to slim-to-none when it comes to radio music this year, so I'll just list a few songs that I know came out this year that I like

1. fun. - Some Nights - best song on the album (the rest of which I quite frankly don't care for).
    2. Lana Del Rey - Video Games - I haven't heard much of Lana, but this song stuck out to me and I adore it.
    3. Gotye ft. Kimbra - Somebody That I Used To Know - CAN'T GET IT OUT OF MY smurfING HEAD
    4. Neon Trees - Everybody Talks - Utah love! I like these guys and this song is pretty catchy.

I know there are other songs I've heard in 2012 that I like but I cannot for the life of me remember the names of them

where have you been by rihanna
    gangnam style by PSY
    SOME NIGHTS
    ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oooh!

I totally forgot about Gotye when I wrote this. Damn He can have number 11!

fun - Some Nights
    Gotye - Somebody that I use to Know.

Yeah, that's pretty much it.

Mind you, I just looked over the Billboard top 100 to see which songs I liked from the years Pop Music, so I might be missing something.

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Not pop music, but just my top 10 songs in general from 2012:

10. Greeen Linez - Frisk

9. Grimes - Genesis

8. The Shins - Simple Song

7. Sleigh Bells - Born to Lose

6. Saint Etienne - Tonight

5. Django Django - Default

4. Fiona Apple - Werewolf

3. Cat Power - Ruin

2. Passion Pit - It's Not My Fault, I'm Happy

1. Japandroids - The House That Heaven Built
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Convenient that Gotye's "Somebody That I Used to Know" is a song from 2011 and not 2012 then

Its on the Top 100 of the year, so piss off.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

He's right, though, I should have checked the release date xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It's weird, a lot of times a band/artist will release an album, but one of the songs from the album isn't played on the radio for months and months later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    It's weird, a lot of times a band/artist will release an album, but one of the songs from the album isn't played on the radio for months and months later.
    LOL Why on earth is that weird? Single releases are not in line with album. You'll get one single then usuallyb the album, then choise tracks off the album, maybe 2 more. It's been done that way since time began. all a money making scheme

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Cuchulainn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    LOL Why on earth is that weird? Single releases are not in line with album. You'll get one single then usuallyb the album, then choise tracks off the album, maybe 2 more. It's been done that way since time began. all a money making scheme
    I didn't say I didn't understand why they do it. Just that it makes the timeline of popular songs weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.