Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: The greatest games - A Personal list of Neocracker~

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

That's to be expected, yes. I like having people mention other games to me, though. But I'll probably wait for the games high up your list before I actually take it as a sign that such games should be played or anything.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I think anything after the next 7 are at least worth checking out.

Well, at least outside of some of the more Niche' titles that'll pop up periodically.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only game I've played on the list so far is War Gods which I think I borrowed from a friend. I found it very unimpressive and it had obvious similarities to Mortal Kombat. Not being the biggest fan of MK I think it held my interest for around 15 minutes before I went back to playing Super Mario 64... and even Turok: Dinosaur Hunter which shows how poorly I regarded the game.

Fighting games aren't really my bag anyway.
    Last edited by Bubba; 01-02-2013 at 11:05 AM.

Huh, I completely forgot Turok even existed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I think anything after the next 7 are at least worth checking out.

Well, at least outside of some of the more Niche' titles that'll pop up periodically.
    Pah! Niche titles are where it's at.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Huh, I completely forgot Turok even existed.
    So do most people who played the game...

I actually kind of enjoyed the first one. Though had I remembered it, I'd probably have put it either just after or just before Paladins Quest.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

By all accounts it wasn't horrendous... but I think my dislike for for FPS games means that I don't look back on it too fondly!

And now I have the Sig to go with my thread!~

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Less posting about your sig, more listing of games!

Firstly, that sig is smurfing awesome. Shame on you. :Colbert:

Second, since I'm preparing for the Babe Tournament, updates will likely start coming slower for a bit.

One of these doesn't quite fit with the others.

141. Cool Spot (Genesis)
          This game was silly. A sidescroller in which you played as the red dot from 7-Up. Odd how most movie/tv show based games turn out crap, we got a fairly well done game that was a 7-Up advert.

Really, there isn't much to say about it though. It is, really, a very generic side scroller that just happens to be 7-Up themed. The controls handle well, the graphics are alright, and it really didn't do anything wrong. It did nothing special, or even above average, but made for a good mindless play through now and again.

140. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3/360/PC)
          First off, as most of you may know, I don't really like The Elder Scrolls series. This is actually the highest, and only one, on my list. I think this game did a lot right when compared to it's predecesors, but still wasn't able to be that great, just a pretty fun, if at times infurating, experience.

Firstly, the combat and magic feels smoother and easier to use the the previous games. True, it's a pretty dumbed down and simple set up, but it gets the job done. Really, from a purely mechanical point of view, this game runs the smoothest all around.

The big thing for me, however, was the games opening. That scene with Rolof was absolutely wonderful, and Rolof easily stands to be my favorite character in the game because of it. The game sucks you in immidiately with his speech and the Dragon attack just before your execution.

The problem is the game immidiately drops it's momentum, and it certainly isn't helped by the ‘dragon threat' feeling like it has no real presence, especially when you watch one of the many giants of the game bitch slap the dragons to death, or the realization that bears are far more frightening.

The only other real credit I give the game is a few areas look amazing. The top three for me being the Underground Snow Forest, the Underdark area, and Markarth. Past that nothing looks bad, but it's all from average to above average in terms of visual appeal.

I was sad the main plot, and most sidequests barring Brotherhood and Thieves guild, were rather lacking, and in a game where your choices and the world are suppose to drive you, for the most part this game fails at that.

139. Hook (SNES)
          Outside of the main stay side scrollers of the SNES, this one is probably my favorite. A bit like Cool Spot, it really does nothing special, but nothing wrong. Unlike Cool Spot there is more variety in maps, more of a challenge , and the art design is actually pretty darn good.

Also like cool spot, if you’ve played a Side Scroller, you pretty much no what to expect. It is pretty good about keeping you from having to make any 'leaps of fate’ like most Sidescrollers of old use to do though, and that’s something I appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have rather fond memories of Cool Spot actually. It must be a nostalgia thing though as I can't think of one stand-out part of the game. I do remember the animation of the main character/spot/thing was pretty cool.

I have no comment to make on Skyrim as I've never played the game. I generally hear positive things about it though.

I've got a complete set of Super Play magazine and I do remember reading a review on Hook. It wasn't a particular complimentary review. It labelled it as just another mundane side-scrolling platform game which the SNES saw plenty of.

That's actually a pretty accurate review of hook to be totally honest, with just a tad bit more credit then I'd give most of the others. (Asside from some of the more obviously good ones, mind you, that are sure to appear at one point or another. )

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I forgot all about Red Spot and Hook seems vaguely familiar at best. Early dramabomb with the only ES entry being so low, though. This is why I love personalised lists.

Finally one I played with Skyrim. XD

Is this list already written down somewhere or are you coming up w/ it as you go?