Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laddy Has An RPG and He Wants You To Play It

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Laddy Has An RPG and He Wants You To Play It

What up, my lovely EoFFers?

Okay, so I have an RPG I've been developing for the past year and I need help balancing and lore-building before I get really deep into the systems and world.

So, in short, I want you guys to test it out. I have a short campaign written up, and my system, despite being in a very, very early development stage, needs to be tested so I know whether or not I want to move along with this particular system. Also, I need help getting some inspiration for the lore of the setting. In short, based on how you guys play certain races/classes/nationalities may inspire my later development.

So, a quick summary of what the game is.

The unnamed game is a pen-and-paper RPG game set in a system combining fantasy, science fiction, steampunk, and Jazz Age. The world has a wide-variety of cultures based off real-world cultures, a space-faring element, but also elements of early 20th Century technology. There are multiple races, each with their own strengths, weaknesses, cultures, and special abilities, as well as multiple classes for you to play as to create a wide variety of character options and play styles.

The game system is fairly simple, with a d100 system and an Armor Class system I really, really hope isn't too annoying.

If you're interested, I can set up a session in a RPG chat, like roll20, for how to roll up a character or I can do it through PM or even in the thread. We can schedule a time to play if you so wish as well.

So, who's in? Do you want more info or are you not all interested?

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It sounds pretty interesting. I would like to try this game out with you.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

I'm willing to try, and I do love lore-building.

Although I'm not sure I'll have time to participate in two tabletop RPG sessions. What day would this be?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hell, I can help you roll your character via PM if you want.

EDIT: As for the date, I'm available whenever you guys are.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Oh, how funny. 1d100? It sounds like my game, Dokal. I run that in #eoff from time to time.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I would probably be interested in this since the D&D group seems to have died.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Aw yeah. I was worried about people not being interested. Anyways, lemme get a list going of people.

Interested
    1. Pr00tz
    2. Skyblade
    3. Bunny
    4. Bolivar

EDIT: Also, if anyone wants to jump ahead and create a character, you can go ahead and PM me if you want.
    Last edited by Laddy; 02-06-2013 at 10:27 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

oooh I might be interested let's get a list of races/classes and stuff!

Articles
    Blog Entries

All righty.

Races (There are 16)

Humans-Humans have no bonuses are penalties. They come in nine ethnicities, based on their national origin. Size: Medium

Elves-Physically weak but smarter and quicker. Slightly smaller than humans, they come in five subraces: Red Elf, Sun Elf, Wood Elf, Dark Elf, Sea Elf, and City Elf. Size: Medium

Dwarf-Short, stocky bearded people living in a caste-based society. They're strong and pious, but gruff and slow. They come in six castes: Noble, Warrior, Priest, Merchant, Artisan, and Commoner. Size: Medium

Orc-Large tribal peoples known for their incredible fighting spirit. Strong, but unintelligent and uncharismatic. Size: Large

Felkin-Anthromorphic cat people, they are slightly smaller than humans, with bonuses to athletic and sensory skills, but have penalties to strength, vitality, and willpower. They come in Lion, Jaguar, Tiger, and Leopard varieties. Size: Medium

Dragonite-Large dragon people, strong and intelligent but also lacking in agility and dexterity. Known for their love of history, and come in Red, Blue, Green, Gold, Black, and White varieties. Size: Large

Nymph-Small and happy-go-lucky people with a love of nature. Has huge bonuses to Intelligence and Charisma, but very physically weak. Size: Small

Ramjur-Large anthromorphic ram people, known for their stoic personalities. Strong and pious, but also unintelligent, slow, and unappealing. Size: Large

Naga-Snake people with no legs but an upright torso. Intelligent, charismatic, and perceptive, but somewhat weak. Known for being untrustworthy. Size: Medium

Quontori-Large antlike people with a colony mentality that communicates through pheromones. Strong, wise, and perceptive but extremely unintelligent and slow. Size: Large

Daemon-People with rift-touched blood and a slightly demonic appearance. Very charismatic, but extremely lacking in self-control, personifying the sins of Greed, Pride, Wrath, or Lust. Size: Medium

Spakki-Hamster people, both in appearance and size. Amiable, intelligent, and fast, they are also extremely weaker than the other races. Size: Small

Poltergeist-Wandering spirits occupying deceased human vessels. While the spirits are immortal, the bodies are not, and they often need to find fresh and unbroken corpses to occupy when the current host does. Size: Medium

Eaglon-Eagle people with useless wings and talons, known for their competitive and honorable culture. Strong, fast, wise, and perceptive, but also lacking in dexterity, charisma, and vitality. Size: Medium

Ursan-Bear people known for their introspective and knowledge-based culture. Strong and intelligent, but slow and uncharismatic. Size: Large

Almeri-Small aquatic people with tails, finned limbs, and gills. Known for their large underwater cities. Strong and fast, but unintelligent and uncharismatic.

Classes (There are 12)

Fighter-Master of combat, with high HP, a large access to equipment, and bonus to attack damage.

Saboteur-Master or stealth and sabotage. Agile and capable of picking locks, disarming tracks, etc.

Ranger-Master of long-range weaponry, wilderness survival, traps, and other nature-based skills. Uses low-level Alchemist spells.

Monk-Master of highly-trained unarmed fighting.

Paladin-Master of defensive and heavy-armored combat, as well as a user of low-level Cleric spells.

Engineer-Master of machinery and inventing, capable of using firearms and self-crafted tools better than any other class.

Alchemist-Master or crafting potions and other chemical-based tools for a wide variety of uses. Uses Alchemist spells.

Cleric-Master of using one's god/s to harness divine power for healing and defensive purposes. Uses Cleric spells.

Warlock-Master of using pacts from the Rift harness Riftic powers for damage and disabling foes. Uses Warlock spells.

Illusionist-Master of using charisma to mislead foes by using hand treaks, but also conjuring phantasms and illusions. Uses Illusionist spells.

Druid-Master of using the power of nature and animal companions to defend allies and destroy foes. Uses both Cleric and Alchemist spells.

Bard-Master of song and spoken word. Has by far the highest numbers of non-combat skills available, and uses Illusionist and Warlock spells.

Also, there are nine nations, but I'll bring those up later.
    Last edited by Laddy; 02-07-2013 at 04:56 AM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Ohhhhhh man I want to be a hamster engineer

Articles
    Blog Entries

Somehow I knew you'd pick that. Do you wanna roll up your character in PM?

And Bunny's character is more or less finished. He is badass. He is pretty much unkillable. And his name is probably the coolest name ever.

AWWWWWW YEAAAAA

Articles
    Blog Entries

All right, so since I have some peeps interested it's about time we decide when we wanna do this. I'm up for anything.

Also, PM me for character generation and trout.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Woah woah woah we've only been doing my character via PM, you didn't tell me there would be trout, too.

You know I'm in if I can.