Thread: "You may enter, but only if you complete this puzzle!"

Articles
    Blog Entries

Wink "You may enter, but only if you complete this puzzle!"

You may be wondering what the heck the title is, and what the hell it relates to, but fans of a certain game will know exactly what I'm talking about.
    The Professor Layton series is now a flagship series for the Nintendo company and has spawned five games, a film, and a sixth game in development and without a doubt popularised the puzzle game industry with it's wit, gentle humour and colourful array of characters.

The game has some staple puzzles too! Each game seems to have their own set of puzzles unique to that game. The second game, Pandora's Box, had Pancake towers similar to the famous towers of Hanoi puzzle, while the fourth game, Spectre's Call has fruit dropping into baskets, which features as a set of three puzzles! There's also the staple slide block puzzles, where you have to get the key out of the puzzle, or the infamous last puzzle in the entire game where the minimum amount of moves to get the block out is a full 70 - 100 moves, depending on the game. The fourth game had combined 175 minimum moves! And that's if you do it step by step. Regardless, the series have had quite a rise to fame ever since the Curious Village.

But that's enough of the introduction. The point of this topic is to discuss your love (or lack of it) with the series, your favourite characters and puzzles, your favourite game, and also to discuss the soundtrack, which is for me one of the best OSTs, particularly with the ending themes. And it's with the ending themes that I shall leave you with...

Iris (Instrumental Mix) from Professor Layton and Pandora's Box

Paxmaveiti (Instrumental Mix) from Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I've only played the first one so far. It find it amusing how everyone in that damn town just happens to know things BUT WAIT solve this puzzle first. Who does that? Just has puzzles for random people. Silly proffesor layton series.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The whole idea behind the title was a clever pun on that same recurring gag. It's not just in the first game; it's been in every single game. At first I was abit annoyed with it all, but then it sort of developed it's own wacky charm and I grew to like it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've never played any of these games. I've wanted to, just never had the opportunity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I love the Layton games. They get a little repetitive, but as long as I pace them out with some other (more action oriented) games then I have a blast with it.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Puzzles and Ruins, what more does a true gentleman need?

Love Layton. Except for how dumb I feel playing the games. I am bad at puzzles. Especially goddamn block moving puzzles. Ah well, all good fun. Even if the plots sometimes make me rage out...A giant robot under the fake-Thames of fake-London, which is also under the Thames of real London? How deep into the earth have we delved?!