Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chocobo Racing To Get That Whiney Kids Weapon Charged

Articles
    Blog Entries

I actually agree with many of your points, so shame on me. But I guess the cardinal sin is having to dig for the sigil and other rare items from Blitzball. That annoyed me.

Basically for me, every endgame weapon with awesome power has some annoying minigame behind it.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Blitzball is actually really fun when keepa doesn't freaking suck., Like your'e name is keepa for goodness sake! Learn to be a better keeper!

I never really tried for hte lightning one but I actually enjoyed the minigames in this one. I mean nothing will be chocobo hot and cold. I agree that the celestial weapons are meant to be difficult to get. So yeah the minigames are tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Blitzball is actually really fun when keepa doesn't freaking suck., Like your'e name is keepa for goodness sake! Learn to be a better keeper!

I never really tried for hte lightning one but I actually enjoyed the minigames in this one. I mean nothing will be chocobo hot and cold. I agree that the celestial weapons are meant to be difficult to get. So yeah the minigames are tedious.
    You kept Keepa? Whyyyy? Get Jumal in da smurf, until Nimrook gets released then get him at all costs.

By the end I was winning every game between 10 and 5 nil.

Larbeight of the Kilika Beasts is the best forward there is but i was never able to get him he kept re-signing for them

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yep you want Jumal for keeper until you can grab Nimrook.

Always get Ropp as well, he's a good defender and he ends up as literally the best one in the game. And yeah if you can get Larbeight and pair him up with Tidus on the offense, trout gets real. (Tidus isn't stat-wise the best but his Jecht Shot means he's still arguably the most worthwhile forward because he can just knock some dudes the smurf out.)

If I remember almost all of the Kilika Beasts are actually quite beastly at higher levels. I know Vuroja is one of the best MF choices. Also consider Brother, he's good in mid, faster than Sanic, and winning Blitzball games can only help his prospects of scoring with Yuna.

Keepa, meanwhile, has 99 Shoot at level 99. I think that's the highest in the game. His other stats are no good so he's not actually worth using most of the time but yeah.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

The only one I didn't like was the Lightning Dodging because it was just dull and tedious.

Blitzball I actually really loved and was outraged when they turned into into some crappy football management for beginners simulator in X-2.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Novi Glitzko (Sargatanas)

I loved Blitzball! Couldn't even begin to imagine how many hours I spent with it. But yeah, the rest were boring.

The only FF minigame that comes close to beating blitzball for me is Triple Triad, and I pretty much lose interest in that when some of the worst rules come into play.

I have literaly spent 10x more time on blitzball than on the actual game.
    Wouldn't it be great if all us blitz-heads could start our own league and play each other online? Someone design this game!

The plot characters usually all make it into my team. Rin is my center, he has a good pass rating and skill setup. Brother is one of my defenders, good attack and insane speed. And Wakka and Tidus are my forwards.

My only real complaint about Blitzball in X is how hard it gets to learn abilities as you progress because the computer sticks to only a few. When your only way to learn abilities is as Blue Magic, it sucks when the AI never thinks about even equipping the ones you need.

And they butchered Blitzball in X-2.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    Yep you want Jumal for keeper until you can grab Nimrook.

Always get Ropp as well, he's a good defender and he ends up as literally the best one in the game. And yeah if you can get Larbeight and pair him up with Tidus on the offense, trout gets real. (Tidus isn't stat-wise the best but his Jecht Shot means he's still arguably the most worthwhile forward because he can just knock some dudes the smurf out.)

If I remember almost all of the Kilika Beasts are actually quite beastly at higher levels. I know Vuroja is one of the best MF choices. Also consider Brother, he's good in mid, faster than Sanic, and winning Blitzball games can only help his prospects of scoring with Yuna.

Keepa, meanwhile, has 99 Shoot at level 99. I think that's the highest in the game. His other stats are no good so he's not actually worth using most of the time but yeah.
    Larbeight attacker is the best, but hard to get. Another good player is in Besaid but you cant get until you destroy DV. Wedge as a forward is a beast at lower levels. Best defence i'd say is Kyou and Ropp. Brother in midfield, Tidus and Wedge upfront. Bingo bango

EDIT: I forgot a better Goalie than Jumal is Durren. Get him (Kyou is actyually better than both but he's even better in defence so I'd keep him there)
    Last edited by Cuchulainn; 01-07-2013 at 08:47 PM.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Yeah, it sucked, but when I played again a few months ago I didn't have nearly as much trouble as I remember having years ago. It was still enough to frustrate me beyond belief though. I flat out gave up on lightning bolt dodging this time around, however, which is weird because when I played years ago I found it to be pretty easy.

I actually really enjoyed most of FFX's sidequests, and the only FF I never really got into the sidequests of was FFIX, although I did beat Ozma, who was the easiest superboss ever.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

I actually liked FFX-2's Blitzball

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post
    It wasn't AS bad everyone's saying, put it that way. It was okay!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post
    No tips, chocobo racing is almost pure luck. First time I ever did it, literally the first time I tried it on the first time I played through the game, I got 0:00. I wondered what all the fuss was about. Ever since then I've had to try for God knows how long over and over and over to get it. The others are based in mostly skill or at least timing with a little luck but that one is just absolutely suicidally vile.
    This. I beat it once, on my second playthrough when I decided to go after all the ultimate weapons. Since then, I haven't been able to get it after wasting countless hours. My alternative is to build him a better weapon.
    Pray to Yu Yevon. Dream, fayth. Forever and ever, grant us prosperity.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leader of mortals View Post
    It wasn't AS bad everyone's saying, put it that way. It was okay!
    I couldn't stand playing it at all.

But what really kills it is that they had a fun, well designed game already in existence, and they scrapped it for something clearly inferior.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I enjoyed blitzball, at least until it came time to try and get Wakka's celestial weapon. Then I learned to dislike it. Whatever your opinion on blitzball, though, at least it beats the pants off of triple triad and tetra master. I will say at least that it was bad form to include a forced match in the main storyline; both for blitzball, and tetra master in 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    It's the only Final Fantasy game that makes the Sidequests less fun than the core storyline.
    Gotta disagree with you there; what FF13 attempts to pass off as sidequests is worse. Couldn't even be bothered to attempt them. FF12 wasn't much better in this regard, either, although at least the fight with Gilgamesh was freaking awesome.
    Sig under construction.