Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chocobo Racing To Get That Whiney Kids Weapon Charged

Default Chocobo Racing To Get That Whiney Kids Weapon Charged

Arguable the single worst sidequest in any Final Fantasy Game ever. I'm not joking. I was thinking of playing this game again then remebered that and stopped. It's terrible. I've no idea how i managed to get it the time i played this game 10 years ago but I did, fluked it probably.

Is this your worst experience of this game or dd you strugglev with something else? Lightening dodging was simple and i got butterfly thing easily too. This however...this is evil

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Blitzball is the worst.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Three things that killed the game for me at key moments:

- Blitzball, particularly the game with the smurfing Luca Goers. I literally fluked that win.
    - Lightning Dodging can just die in a hole somewhere.
    - Chocobo Racing and that dreaded 0:00:00 limit drove me insane.
    - Butterfly catching can go die in an adjacent hole

It's the only Final Fantasy game that makes the Sidequests less fun than the core storyline. It's ridiculous, storylines are meant to uplift the game and make it interesting, not more dull and tears your hair out on a daily basis...

Articles
    Blog Entries

I like it. It's somewhat challenging, but not in a bad way (for me at least). Lightning Dodging is the worst of the Sigil Challenges IMO, I just don't have the patience to sit around and do nothing but wait for flashes and press a button... 200 times...

you like it? are you mad? wanna do it for me? I'll give you 3 magic beans

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

FFX's side stuff in general was just awful, and managed to make usually fun little tasks (see: FFVII and IX) a real chore. Chocobo racing and lightning dodging were both unbearable, with chocobo racing being the worst. Blitzball was at least tolerable in small quantities.

Why did they have to make the minigames essential for the EFFING Celestial Weapons?! I mean come on now developers!! Played Blitzball once and I just couldn't bare it( never liked upgrading Wakka anyway). Never bothered with the lightning challenge, and only completed one of the butterfly challenges. Completed the Chocobo race and got Tidus's weapon( after three days and praying). Game is great just don't make minigames so damn important.

Hah! You guys don't get the point. If getting the Celestial Weapons was easy, they would have no value. The sidequests are there to provide a grand sense of accomplishment with greater challenges than the normal storyline. If you can't handle the sidequests, you're not meant to be one of the few FFX diehards.

Also, chocobo racing is really not that difficult. Just stay cool, and use taps on the analogue stick. It usually gets me 0:00:00 in 3-5 tries. The butterfly game is difficult but achievable in an hour or two. Same goes for the lightning dodging.
    Last edited by Pete for President; 01-02-2013 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Hah! You guys don't get the point. If getting the Celestial Weapons was easy, they would have no value. The sidequests are there to provide a grand sense of accomplishment with greater challenges than the normal storyline. If you can't handle the sidequests, you're not meant to be one of the few FFX diehards.

Also, chocobo racing is really not that difficult. Just stay cool, and use taps on the analogue stick. It usually gets me 0:00:00 in 3-5 tries. The butterfly game is difficult but achievable in an hour or two. Same goes for the lightning dodging.
    All Ultimate weapons are like this except they actually involve some real gameplay(such as collecting materials from enemies or defeating a secret boss) as to getting them and not some crappy minigames.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Also, chocobo racing is really not that difficult. Just stay cool, and use taps on the analogue stick. It usually gets me 0:00:00 in 3-5 tries.
    Pretty much this, although I use the D-Pad instead of the stick. All you really have to be careful about is steering to the side early enough when a bird comes your way.

Idont mind things being difficult and im prepared to put time into it. However this race is just awful and relies heavily on pure luck.

I'll start a play through and if I cant do it I will honestly sell myself to anyone who can do it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Reverof Enola View Post

All Ultimate weapons are like this except they actually involve some real gameplay(such as collecting materials from enemies or defeating a secret boss) as to getting them and not some crappy minigames.
    Not too sure about this. I find capturing 5 or 10 specimens of every creature a more tedious chore than the minigames, as it is just repetition of what you've been doing pretty much the entire journey. I like most minigames for their fresh breeze, but I do see why dodging 200 lightning bolts can be labelled as crappy. I appreciate it's quirkiness nonetheless.

Articles
    Blog Entries

The buzzword it seems with FFX sidequests/minigames is repetition over enjoyment.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Do I keep trying to do the repetitive chore, or do I move the story forward and be forced to listen to Tidus, Seymour and Yuna? Decisions, decisions.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Lightning dodging is simple but tedious. Butterfly catching isn't too hard, but incredibly frustrating. Chocobo racing is tedious, frustrating, and difficult to boot. I hated it so much that I wasn't even happy when I finally managed it. D:<