Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should I Play Chrono Trigger First?

:monster:

Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Actually i'm holding off on either CT or CC because I'm starting to watch Evangelion for the first time.
    You did right, buddy. I will never understand the hype for CT, and this is from a guy who played it about a year after it first came out.
    Wrong answer.

Play CT, then play CC. CC is a great game in its own right (although not as good as CT), but as others have said it will make zero sense without CT.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

There is no reason to not play Chrono Trigger, it is simply the ultimate 16-bit RPG. And this is from a guy who played it for the first time in '06.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I played chrono trigger years ago and when one of my friends was telling me about his playthrough I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. I'm worried that if I play Cross I'm not going to get any of the fanservice...

Articles

I could still start Chrono this week. I don't know if I will but I'll definitely pick it up sometime this month.
    You forgot the word "Trigger" in that sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Polnareff View Post
    Actually i'm holding off on either CT or CC because I'm starting to watch Evangelion for the first time.
    You did right, buddy. I will never understand the hype for CT, and this is from a guy who played it about a year after it first came out.
    Wrong answer.

Play CT, then play CC. CC is a great game in its own right (although not as good as CT), but as others have said it will make zero sense without CT.
    I think CC is a self contained enough story, so I don't think it'll make Zero Sense.

Just a lot is added by having played CT.

:monster:

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar
    I played chrono trigger years ago and when one of my friends was telling me about his playthrough I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about. I'm worried that if I play Cross I'm not going to get any of the fanservice...
    Then replay Chrono Trigger? xD It's always a good time to replay Chrono Trigger.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    I hope you at least have access to End of Evangelion because episodes twenty-five and twenty-six are godawful. Unlike Chrono Trigger, which is just great all around.
    That depends on who you ask, I actually prefer the low budget avant garde final two episodes over the over-the-top snuff films that are the Eva movies.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

They're both good games. Both worth playing. And it doesn't matter a bit which you play first.

If you had to pick only one, it would have to be CT though, as it's simply one of the best.I understand this sentence seems to end abruptly, best what exactly?--but it speaks for itself

CC is great, but I think it's harder to get into than CT. Both games have tons of payoff though, and I wish they would have continued making them. Yeah, I'm a glutton.

Just remember, episodes 25 and 26 were done on a budget of zero. At least as I heard it, the network that originally aired it did so without paying too much attention to the premise, assuming giant robots = kids show. (I seem to recall hearing that it's original timeslot was right next to the ninja turtles.) The show's production was strapped for cash the entire way through, and was frequently criticized for being unsuitable for children; and after the events of episode 24 the network more or less took away the show's budget. When the show re-aired at a late night timeslot, then it became popular, enough so that End of Evangelion was produced. That's how I heard it anyway.

And when you're done, play Chrono Trigger dangit! There's no good reason to wait on that!
    Sig under construction.