Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Wow, that's beautiful !!

Thank you both!

I decided to make another one with similar features but with different colours and a bit different ship to see what works and what not. Here's the result:

WhiteFlag_800.jpg

Made a timelapse of this one too:

'White Flag' oil painting timelapse - YouTube

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Nice! I like that one too, but I definitely think the first one blows it out of the water (ha) in terms of overall composition and aesthetics, whereas the second one seems more chaotic.

I'm trying to find a good way to articulate it. I feel like neither picture is very calming to look upon, but that fact works better for the first one. There's a lot of rough contrast and warning colours. The second one is eye-catching, but I wouldn't look at it for very long. I might with the first one, because there's a serene quality to it mixed in with the chaos and they strike a good balance.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

that red one man, holy crap. So gorgeous. Can I steal a high res pic for my wallpaper ?

Congrats on your sale! Super glad that something like that can happen.

but yeah man in both those last two I am just in love with your water. It's incredible. Especially for a sky man such as yourself, Mr Piet Mayday

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Rantz View Post
    Nice! I like that one too, but I definitely think the first one blows it out of the water (ha) in terms of overall composition and aesthetics, whereas the second one seems more chaotic.

I'm trying to find a good way to articulate it. I feel like neither picture is very calming to look upon, but that fact works better for the first one. There's a lot of rough contrast and warning colours. The second one is eye-catching, but I wouldn't look at it for very long. I might with the first one, because there's a serene quality to it mixed in with the chaos and they strike a good balance.
    I see what you mean and I feel the same way. The red picture definitely has more serenity to it. The second one, as soon as I put in the coloured clouds I thought: "This is what Bob Ross meant by, be careful, otherwise you end up with giant cotton balls in the sky". Not too bothered that it's not calming to look at, as with my digital work I often have explosions of colours and things happening. I guess that's a taste thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    that red one man, holy crap. So gorgeous. Can I steal a high res pic for my wallpaper ?

Congrats on your sale! Super glad that something like that can happen.

but yeah man in both those last two I am just in love with your water. It's incredible. Especially for a sky man such as yourself, Mr Piet Mayday
    Thanks brother! I'll upload a high res picture for your wallpaper and PM it to you : )

Articles

For the record, I didn't mean the "not calming to look at" part as a bad thing. In the case of the red painting, it works fantastically. It's evocative.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

you're really rocking these reds. Are the sunsets over there inspiring you?

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    you're really rocking these reds. Are the sunsets over there inspiring you?
    I think it's the New Zealand ones that stuck with me

trout, Pete. You're a badass. Very impressive ^^

Probably a stupid question and probably been covered before, but do you sell/exhibit much of your work? I'm only new, so I've probably missed something, and do you have a website?

Quote Originally Posted by EtcherSketcher View Post
    trout, Pete. You're a badass. Very impressive ^^

Probably a stupid question and probably been covered before, but do you sell/exhibit much of your work? I'm only new, so I've probably missed something, and do you have a website?
    Thanks so much : ) I sell only occasionally, though at some point I'd like to take it to the next level and set up a way to ship worldwide and stuff. So far I've only done 2 exhibits and they've both been in bars/café's rather than actual art galleries. Someday, I hope! My website is Pieter Sneep | Illustration / Paintings / Concepts. Have a look around : ) Although my oil paintings aren't on there yet, my illustrations and digital paintings are!

Finished a new digital painting, but I can't decide on the color scheme.

Full-on brightness:

Untitled-3_800.jpg

Equalised with a warmth filter:

Untitled-2_800.jpg

Can you guys help me decide by letting me know which one's favourite? I also need a title for it, so let loose whatever comes to mind please

Articles

Tough choice. I think I like the post-filter (bottom) one best.