Thread: Pete's paintings thread!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Beautiful. I actually like the top one best. It draws my eyes in and the water just pops.

Thanks everyone! I've decided to go with the brighter one because who am I kidding MORE COLOURS! Thanks for the feedback nonetheless, it ended up being 2 v 2 as Madonna voted silently through a welcome MoogleHug.

It was nice going back to digital painting after doing so many oil ones, having the undo function is still priceless. I'll be mixing it up a little more!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

You should take the painting and alter the sky a bit and to more of a series, because the first one looks like daytime, and the second one looks like sunset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Thanks everyone! I've decided to go with the brighter one because who am I kidding MORE COLOURS!
    You made the right choice. Didn't care for the filter myself.

More oil paintings!

Sky&Valley_800_lr.jpg

Next Tuesday I'll be competing in a painting competition in front of a live audience. All painters get a minimum bid on their 30-minute work of art, the winner obviously getting the highest minimum guarantee. Been practicing a bit and here is the first 30-minute result I made yesterday:

SunriseLake_800.jpg

Had to cut off my signature due to hasty photo work

The painting I'll make in the competition will be my last during this stay in Canada. Learning oil has been a bigger thing than I initially thought and it made me seriously consider becoming an artist for a living. Wish me luck in the comp

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

How did that only take you thirty minutes, you massive talented git? I'M SO JEALOUS AND TALENTLESS. D:

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Good luck! These are excellent!!

Thank you both! Tonight is the night of the competition and I am super excited

So the competition was last Tuesday and it was such a blast! Had to wait a while for the pictures before I'd post anyway my qualifier round went really well and I made it the final! Unfortunately I got beaten there, but I'm still stoked on second place. Here's some pictures:

10174970_1499685236926103_866934278739593337_n.jpg 1511421_1499684590259501_1507099605689225728_n.jpg 10251916_1499684876926139_2370471259085094917_n.jpg

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Wow pete. Just from your first painting pictures in this thread to these 30 min ones you've improved a lot as an artist. I mean you were good before and really showed a lot of skill but now I truly feel that your work was done by a true professional who makes a living off it now. You're really getting the oil painting down. Your art is amazing and I am in awe.

Good job on the competition!

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Man, to create stuff like that in 30 minutes... Phenomenal. Must have been some pretty talented artists there to knock you off your post though! I hope you do more of these, I would love to see your work get some traction and publicity.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Wow pete. Just from your first painting pictures in this thread to these 30 min ones you've improved a lot as an artist. I mean you were good before and really showed a lot of skill but now I truly feel that your work was done by a true professional who makes a living off it now. You're really getting the oil painting down. Your art is amazing and I am in awe.

Good job on the competition!
    Thank you so much Freya! It's kind words like these that build up the courage for me to take the leap and go full-on artist. It's been a dream to live off my art and I'm starting to believe I could give it a shot not too long from now!

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Man, to create stuff like that in 30 minutes... Phenomenal. Must have been some pretty talented artists there to knock you off your post though! I hope you do more of these, I would love to see your work get some traction and publicity.
    Thanks brother! It was an awesome event, really fun to do and getting live applause/cheers from the crowd is such a great feeling while painting. I was up against some heavy competition indeed, and some of the folks usually sell their works for $400-$500 - a pricetag I never dared to put on any piece just yet. That said I feel great having made it to the finals and giving those guys a run for their money!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Alayna Mae (Sargatanas)

If you're not charging $400-500 for your work, I need to buy all of it now before you realise that it is worth that.

My future is fuelled by the fires of words, wit and companionship.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was about to say, you could easily charge $200 for the stuff I've seen. It's beautiful and it fits right in with other professional works of art.