Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unbelievable..

Blog Entries

Snow tires, yes, if I knew how to operate a vehicle and had a car.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It snowed at my house once. It wasn't nearly enough to cover the ground, but it took me several hours to get halfway to work. Once I got out of the snow, the second half of my drive took the normal 15 minutes. I would complain, but I'm pretty sure that if I drove in real snow I would die very quickly.

Blog Entries

I remember hearing a story about when it snowed here during '89 or something. Since it rarely snows here, there was no salt to put on the roads, so the city decided to use gravel to give the cars traction... so many broken windshields
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I don't have snow tires because I haven't lived in an area where they would be warranted since I was 9 (when my family moved out of Colorado). We generally only get a couple of inches of snow at a time, and haven't even had any snow at all yet this winter.

Although when we do get any snow at all, the roads are terrible. Between the lack of adequate plowing and stupid drivers terrified of snow flakes, driving becomes unbearable. The worst was when I lived in Williamsburg, Virginia and we got more snow than the area had seen in decades. The side roads to get to my apartment were literally unplowed (only the main roads were at all), leaving 6+ inches of snow covering the road to get to the highway. Between that and all the old people driving, it was an awful time.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by The Summoner of Leviathan View Post
    You shouldn't be so surprised though, despite being in Canada people forget how to drive during the first big storm, especially Montreal drivers. -__-;
    It's really pathetic sometimes and Montreal seems to be rubbing off on Ottawa. Hopefully Quebec roads don't. But yeah, drivers around here are like: "OMG A SNOWFLAKE *drives into ditch*", "OMG RAIN DURING THE DAY *leaves headlights off*", "OMG EVERY KIND OF WEATHER *drives up against your bumper*" :mymelfacepalm:

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Articles
    Blog Entries

What is this snow thing? Is it a government conspiracy?

Is it that white stuff that falls from the sky those silly Yankees and Canucks blabber about?

Sooooo.... In the middle of the night the tree suddenly hit the car and then pretended that nothing happened...