Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Gen 6, X & Y announced; worldwide release in October

Pokemon Colliseum features Dark and Psychic starters.

And Pokemon XD has a Dragon/Flying starter. Even if you only get it for one battle before it's replaced by Eevee.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

And Pokemon XD has a Dragon/Flying starter. Even if you only get it for one battle before it's replaced by Eevee.
    As far as I know, though, these games are a little different in terms of mechanics (aren't there only double battles? That would make a big difference).

Needs more this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post

As far as I know, though, these games are a little different in terms of mechanics (aren't there only double battles? That would make a big difference).
    Coliseum, yeah. But XD actually has single battles. The first two, wild Pokemon fights, and some of the battle CDs.

Although, frankly, that setup worked so well I wish they'd incorporate it into the main series.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Needs more this guy.

Hell yeah!
    Also, Skyblade, while I'll agree it might be more interesting to shake up the initial type formula, I think Formalhaut put it best - it's the most obvious combination, and thus it's the easiest for newcomers. And we know the Pokemon people won't be satisfied by just having their old fans, they will want to attract as many newcomers as possible. Bottom line is, our chance of having differently typed starters in a main game are very slim, to say the least.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Looks pretty good, looking forward to it. Got pretty bored of the character designs in B/W, hoping things will be better this time.

Yes to N in Gen 6. I really like how much depth and development they've given to him. After all of the one dimensional villains they've had in Pokemon, it's really nice to have a villain that has depth and changes throughout the story. He's definitely the most interesting and deep character in the Pokemon series.

...and to think some people think Blue in Gen 1 is a better villain...

Also:

Its Japanese name is Ninfia and its type is unknown, but I'm guessing it's a new type. Light maybe? I suspect Xerneas is also light type.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Articles
    Blog Entries

A light type would actually be a very good and reasonable addition.

Come on, Dark always needed a buddy!

I am curious as to why it is pictured with Eevee and the other eeveelutions. Edit: Because it is another evolution apparently.

I think a Light-type would be kind of pointless. The dynamic between Dark and Psychic, as well as Psychic and Ghost, already fill the void left from not having a Light-type in the game.

Articles

Please don't add more types. It took me like 15 years to memorize the type strength/weakness chart.
    You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DownDiagonalLeftA View Post
    Please don't add more types. It took me like 15 years to memorize the type strength/weakness chart.
    Being honest, I still have to look up the more exotic type relationships

I do think they will though. Just.. look at it! It doesn't match any type that I know of. If Espeon wasn't there, I might have guessed it was a Psychic, but because of Espeon, it probably isn't.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

I do think they will though. Just.. look at it! It doesn't match any type that I know of. If Espeon wasn't there, I might have guessed it was a Psychic, but because of Espeon, it probably isn't.
    I still do too, I was just joking. I use Serebii to look it up if its a weird hybrid. I used to be really big on competitive battling during fourth gen. I made a pokemon showdown thread on here once that got ZERO replies, lmao.

It looks psychic to me too, but I have no idea what it's gonna be. I dont see a reason to add another type, I always thought Dark was originally put in to check psychic. Psychic was BEASTLY in gen 1, because all the bug types were weak pokemon, and the only ghost family was in turn weak to psychic.
    You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post

I still do too, I was just joking. I use Serebii to look it up if its a weird hybrid. I used to be really big on competitive battling during fourth gen. I made a pokemon showdown thread on here once that got ZERO replies, lmao.

It looks psychic to me too, but I have no idea what it's gonna be. I dont see a reason to add another type, I always thought Dark was originally put in to check psychic. Psychic was BEASTLY in gen 1, because all the bug types were weak pokemon, and the only ghost family was in turn weak to psychic.
    I really wish they made Bug pokemon not the "chump" type as they always are. Even though they have improved their stature from Generation I, they are still pitiful against a myriad of different types. I'd love it if Generation VI actually made them worth using besides the beginning of the game.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They really need to go back to sprites....
    This weird-ass 3d crap looks terrible >_<
    I'm excited for the game itself though.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy