Thread: Gau ~ Essential Rages

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Relm Gau ~ Essential Rages

Okay, so we all know Gau can be a headache for building but some of us have been around the block a few times with this game, so when you do use Gau, what are some of your favorite Rages to use?

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Stray Cat for 4x physical damage, Templar for Fire 2, Dark Side for Ice 2, Pterodon for Fireball, Retainer for Shock, and Io for Flare Star. Stray Cat is just hilariously overpowered and viable for the entire game. I like having the second level magic spells available before I even get Magicite as well.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

It's hard for me to remember some of these, but wasn't there 1 that healed the party every turn. I found that useful so wouldn't have to worry about healing if it's being done every turn. Can't remember any of the others though

General --- Cure2
    Templar --- Fire2
    Dark Side --- Ice2 + Float
    Aspik --- Giga Volt
    Anguiform --- Aqua Rake
    HadesGigas --- Magnitude8
    Cirpius --- Haste2
    Stray Cat --- Catscratch

Well, mine have all been said already, so I'll just report the biggest cocktease on the Veldt.

Intangir. See, I wasn't aware of the fact that monsters will appear on the Veldt even if you run away from them, so I naturally thought I had to bag one before it'd show up. Meteo for the Sealed Cave and Floating Island? Yes please! So I went to all the trouble of figuring out how to kill an Intangir (originally I used the Bleary Rage, until I learnt that Rhodox does even better, often failing to trigger the Meteo counterattack), and then?

And then its Rage turns out to be PEP UP? Fork that schmidt!!

EDIT: Oh, yeah, Rhodox. The "Snare" ability often fails to trigger enemy "death counters," such as the Intangir's Meteo. 10 AP for me!

Make sure you get Marshal as well, that Rage throws Wind Slash on all enemies which is really good, especially if you Mag.Pwr is high.