Thread: Piety

Default Piety

This game deals heavily with the theme of piety, spiritual purity, holiness, goodness, light, great spirit, whatever you want to call it.

I'm curious as to how this has affected the spiritual lives of those of us who've played it.

I know. "EoFF members have spiritual lives??"

Well, yes we do. Most of us. Well. Some of us.

To me, this game is a spiritual epiphany that I fall back on from time to time, when I'm feeling shattered & battered by the constant troutstorm that CNN.com provides.

I just don't know why, but I get all misty-eyed when I hear this music.

Anybody with me? Or am I (gulp) the biggest dork on EoFF?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

But in that sense aren't most of the religious connections stemming ultimately from an advanced alien race living on the moon? Though the game doesn't seem to carry an anti-religious theme if you break it down it seems to go in the direction of offering a non-faith explanation for things traditionally associated with faith.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well not completely, I mean Cecil gains the power of a Paladin by being blessed by his father's soul. Both Kluya, Anna, and Tellah communicate with the party after being dead as well, so there is some sense of spirituality in IV's mythos.

Cecil and Kain were always a big deal to me. Both dealt with guilt, personal weaknesses, and redemption. Even while these two affected me most, others like Edward and Rydia also impressed me.

I suppose there is some truth to what you say. And about the music, I know that feel bro. Edwards Harp, Theme of Love, and Rydia's theme. All punch me in the face and bring about manly tears.

"One does not simply choose between Black and White magic."
    Awesome picture courtesy of Lockharted. Thank you!