Thread: Dead Island

Default Dead Island

Is there anyone on here that has played Dead Island? I do believe I am the only person in my whole state that has. There are so many great things about it, and I have only played multiplayer maybe two or three times.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Played through it with some friends and it was alright, nothing too special imo though.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Played it when it was pretty new and loved it.

Blog Entries

Haven't heard many good things about it.

Blog Entries

It is a good game for playing with folks. The game can look pretty, but be downright ugly at times.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

I gotta admit though, the driving parts were pretty fun with friends.

I believe its all about how into quests you get, but that is any game out there.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To go into more detail than my previous post, I believe my original thoughts were "Best bad game of the year". And I stand by that. In many many ways it's a poor game. The thing is it's still fun as hell to play.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Funny you should ask, seeing as I just finished reading an article about the upcoming sequel, Dead Island: Riptide, and how offensive the severe torso statue you get with the special edition is.

I've heard nothing but bad things about it, but that's not why I've never played it. It just didn't look very interesting to me.

I've always figured the reason it got so much flack from people is because of that damn FMV trailer and the conclusions people jumped to and built up expectations for the game based on. Everyone thought the trailer was incredible and it generated so much hype for the game, despite not showing you anything from the actual game. I remember hearing people at GameStop talking about how they couldn't wait for it and how great it was going to be, before it was even revealed what the gameplay was like.

Perhaps I'll rent it sometime soon anyway. I've rented everything else I can think of and now I'm down to first person shooters, so why not?
    I like Kung-Fu.

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That torso thing was a stroke of genius. It's completely absurd but so many people are taking it so so seriously and acting as if it's a renewed volley aimed at subjugating women. Everyone's getting mad, and all it's done is put DI:R on the map just like 'that' trailer did for the original.

As for the game, yeah, don't go in expecting a riveting and heartrending tale, or an exploration of humanity under pressure. Just expect to be incredibly satisfied when you smash a zombie's head with a baseball bat.

This game had the best baseball bats.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Funny you should ask, seeing as I just finished reading an article about the upcoming sequel, Dead Island: Riptide, and how offensive the severe torso statue you get with the special edition is.

I've heard nothing but bad things about it, but that's not why I've never played it. It just didn't look very interesting to me.

I've always figured the reason it got so much flack from people is because of that damn FMV trailer and the conclusions people jumped to and built up expectations for the game based on. Everyone thought the trailer was incredible and it generated so much hype for the game, despite not showing you anything from the actual game. I remember hearing people at GameStop talking about how they couldn't wait for it and how great it was going to be, before it was even revealed what the gameplay was like.

Perhaps I'll rent it sometime soon anyway. I've rented everything else I can think of and now I'm down to first person shooters, so why not?
    Let me know when you decide to and I will join you at some point in time.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Brought it during Steam sales. Played it for about 20 minutes. Immediately thought: this isn't bad but strikes me as the type of game that will be a lot more fun played together with someone else.

Haven't touched it since.