Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1626303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: EoFF Game of Thrones Cast

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by sharkythesharkdogg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    He might not be dead!
    There's still some hope. What is it? Two left to be written?
    I have hope for Syrio because of (SPOILER)the face-changing.

If anyone confirms that theory, though, I will slaughter you with my vines and flowers, Poison Ivy-style. I want to be surprised, damn it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    He might not be dead!

If anyone confirms that theory, though, I will slaughter you with my vines and flowers, Poison Ivy-style. I want to be surprised, damn it.
    OMG WHAT IF HE IS (SPOILER)ACTUALLY JAQEN H'GHAR FSODUFOSUFSDLFLSUFOSUFSDOFU
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Well, they did find him in the dungeons after Stark's household was wiped out, and he was certainly happy to tell Arya he was her friend for no reason.

SYRIO FOR JAQEN '13 HOOT HOOT

Articles
    Blog Entries

I loved Syrio's character. If this little theory is true, I hope he shifts back to Mr Afro head. Just look at his hair! It's amazing!

*Might have mistaken Syrio for someone else*

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

(SPOILER)Syrio = Jaqen = The Kindly Man = Hodor

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    He might not be dead!

OMG WHAT IF HE IS (SPOILER)ACTUALLY JAQEN H'GHAR FSODUFOSUFSDLFLSUFOSUFSDOFU
    That's what I'm saying!

!!!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I hate coming into this thread and seeing Spoiler tags everywhere that I'm not sure if I want to click on or not due to some people having read the books so I have no idea if it's in reference to what I've seen in the show thus far or not.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Mine and TB's most recent ones are just speculation. You can click them if you want speculative ideas put into your head!

(I have not read the books, either.)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Aulayna--if you haven't read the books, don't click the spoilers.

Except for what Shorty said about our recent ones.

Also, is it just me, or does anyone else think that Syrio looks like Robert Downey Jr.?

:monster:

Part of me thinks the (SPOILER)Syrio = Jaqen theory is just epileptic trees. It's nowhere near as well supported as the (SPOILER)Rhaegar x Lyanna = Jon theory. However, there are still some vague subtexts that hint that there might be something to it. It certainly would be awesome if true, since those two characters are two of the most badass ensemble darkhorses in the series and them being the same person would make them even more badass.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    Part of me thinks the (SPOILER)Syrio = Jaqen theory is just epileptic trees. It's nowhere near as well supported as the (SPOILER)Rhaegar x Lyanna = Jon theory. However, there are still some vague subtexts that hint that there might be something to it. It certainly would be awesome if true, since those two characters are two of the most badass ensemble darkhorses in the series and them being the same person would make them even more badass.

OMG I HAVE NEVER HEARD THAT SECOND ONE

But I suppose it'd make quite a bit of sense, really.

What other theories are out there that you know of?

For starters, there's (SPOILER)Coldhands=Benjen. I seem to remember a lot of good evidence for it in ADWD but I can't find any good summary of it that's fully up to date. I can't think of any other theories that are plausible but I'm sure I'm forgetting at least one. I have heard several pretty good crackpot theories though, including one that (SPOILER)Cersei is pregnant as of AFFC and another that (SPOILER)Dany miscarried at the end of ADWD. There's an even more crackpot (and convoluted) theory I like which I'll try to find the summary for later.

More info on (SPOILER)RxL=J can be found here, here and here. Spoilers, obviously.
    Last edited by The Man; 03-23-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oh, yeah, I think it was always very obvious to begin with.

Ok, here's that super convoluted crackpot theory I like. It's in super, super crackpot theory land, but it does have a certain amount of disturbing Lovecraftian logic to it.

Major ADWD spoilers, don't click if you haven't finished the book1. When Arya is stalking Varys and Illyrio:
    1a. She hears water dripping in the distance.
    1b. Next she observes Illyrio and Varys coming up from a vast 'well'(this is the word GRRM uses) that goes down out of sight.
    1c. Varys pulls a lever and a wall descends blocking the well from sight.
    1d. After the two come up, Arya trails them for quite a long distance, gradually descending.
    1e. Finally she loses them, stumbles forward and finds herself at the end of a sewer emptying into the river. She dives in and swims for a while to get clean, washes her clothes, then scampers off home.

2. Varys and Illyrio are both noted for their abnormally large size, while also noted as being incredibly light on their feet. This suggests an abnormal strength.

3. Varys is noted to have a peculiar, slimy smile. This could be interpreted to mean he does not show his teeth, and that could be because he has very abnormal teeth.

4. When Tyrion threatened to throw Varys overboard, Varys retorted that he would be sursprised at the result.

5. There is noted to be no bed in Vary's quarters. If he is a Merling he would likely sleep at sea or like most fish perhaps not at all.

6a. Another character we know with peculiar teeth is Biter, another abnormally large man with enourmous strength.
    6b. The idea that this barely sentient being sat around and filed all his teeth just to scare people is absurd.

7. Varys and Illyrio both associate humans with birds, naturally as these are two lower species to them. Explains the ease with which they chop off children's tongues.

8. From their one meeting, it appears that the Merlings are experts at manipulating the humans in secret. And also there is a hint these two have plenty of patience, they seem to be comfortable waiting years for their plans to bear fruit. Perhaps they have very long lifespans or are just more patient than humans.

9. When the subject of eating people came up, Varys licked his lips.

10a. Varys likely is not a Eunuch, as there is a point where he is parlaying with Tyrion where Tyrion notes that his voice seemed deeper than usual.
    10b. Even if he is a Eunuch, it doesn't mean he has to be human.

12. Since he probably isn't a Eunuch, Vary's lack of sexual interest in human females is explained by being a Merling.

13. Littlefinger comes from a seafaring merchant family of Braavos and is an accomplished sailor himself, if anyone is likely to ever see the reclusive Merlings, it's the merchants and fisherman.

14. One of Littlefinger's ships is named 'The Merling King'.

15. Littlefinger claims to have Varys completely under his control.

16. House Manderly. Hugely fat, port city, can't ride a horse, they even have a Merling as their house crest. Wyman Manderly bakes Freys into pies.

17. With no readily apparent motivation, Ser Mandon Moore tried to murder Tyrion on the Blackwater. When thrown overboard, it is noted he did not scream.

18. Mandon Moore is referred to repeatedly as having dead eyes or fish eyes, and of having "no life but duty".

19. Before being attacked, Tyrion had just set Blackwater Bay on fire using wildfire which would be deadly to any creatures living underneath.

20. The Drowned God. Very handy to have a large group of humans willing to do anything for you, and it provides a ready source of spies in places of power, such as Patchface, who often tells riddles about life under the sea.

21. There is something more to Patchface, as he foretold the Red Wedding.

22. Doesn't it seem suspicious that Euron Greyjoy was so well prepared for the Kingsmoot? Almost as though he knew that this ancient ritual for selecting a ruler would resurrected -- almost as if it was done specifically for him. Perhaps Euron has been playing his brother Aeron for a fool by filling his head with "voices from the sea".

23. Davos Seaworth's visit from the "The Mother" may have actually been a siren or a mermaid. After his rescue, Davos was primed and determined to kill Melisandre. Like Aeron and Patchface, it seems Davos's drowning may have filled his head with ideas.

24. Melisandre is afraid of Patchface.

25. Brienne is told about 'squishers' by one of her companions. They are described as man eating fish people that walk on two feet.

26. If you were to give a baby the name Varys in our world today, it would mean the following: Varys - Vari - Stream; Varish - Sleeping on the Sea

27. "The storms come and go, the waves crash overhead, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling."

28. What do Varys and Illyrio want with Dragons? This is more speculative, but consider that:
    28a. When you bring Ice and Fire together, you get water.
    28b. Is it as simple as this? Bring the dragons north and melt the Ice, including perhaps the entire Wall. What you have done then is raise the coastlines around the entire world. Magical global melting...
    What do the merlings get out of it? Liebensraum. More ocean real estate.
    28c. If the flooding were extreme enough, only a few islands would remain, places like the Eyrie.
    28d. Littlefinger, "The Merling King", has made his seat the Eyrie.
    28e. If this theory is correct, Littlefinger would have been made King by Merlings, giving a new take on the meaning to the ship's name.

I have no idea how people have time to come up with readings this complex. Note that one detail in this is incorrect though; it's mentioned that there is a bed in Varys' quarters somewhere, but Tyrion notes that it is very, very uncomfortable (nonetheless, he suggests to Shae that they have sex there).

hey who would i be

wait for it

male arry!