Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vivi22's miscellaneous artsy crap

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Vivi22's miscellaneous artsy crap

First off, all due credit to Levian for making the blog post that got me started making these a few years back: The Wall - Blogs - Eyes on Final Fantasy Forums

Anyway, I stopped for a while, but picked it up again a few weeks ago. I found the process of making these somewhat calming for some reason. Maybe because I can do it while my brain pays attention to a show, movie, web video or whatever. I guess it's somewhat like meditation for me, which has been nice lately as my mind has a tendency to race a lot (in fact, it's racing right now making even focusing long enough to post this somewhat challenging). Anyway, I figured I've been making tons of them so why not share some picks. Made one into a magnet for my wife and a couple of keychains, one of which went to my sister. I'm planning to start making some more original stuff soon as well.

(SPOILER)

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Nice! I really wanna make a few of these, they're so nerdy but they look awesome.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Cool! I'm not the only one

I love beading, and it's indeed very relaxing. I haven't done it in, like, 6 months. and now I want to do it again.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Some new ones:

And a WIP for the FFIV fans here. It's actually a bit farther along now, but I ran out of black. I'll update it again when I've got it finished:

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Duuude! That last one is so intricate!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The sprite from the game actually used four shades of purple too. I had to make do with two shades of purple and white, but I think it's turned out quite nice. Those four sections are less than half of it too. I think I'm going to make some of the battle sprites from FFIV after and hang them on the wall above my computer desk.

Unfortunately the two places where I get my beads around here had no bags of black in stock so I've got to sort black out of a bucket of 22,000 beads. Next time I see black in stock I'm buying every bag.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I used to make so many Sonic the Hedgehogs with these things as a kid. I'd love to do it now but it's one of those things that I never get around too...

These are awesome though.

Also, because, relevant:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMg7K7QJ7g8

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is it sad that when I saw the large, flat surface that person had I was immediately jealous? I've been having to iron Golbez in rows because I don't have a decently large surface to really do it on, then fuse the rows together. Haven't ironed the back yet though since that's where a lot of the strength is going to be. I wish I had a nice big surface to do it on (aside from the floor which doesn't work with a needy cat walking around), but chunks it will have to be. Plus I only have four peg boards anyway.

Did a Cecil and Kain today just to break up the monotony of finishing Golbez. Then I did another peg boards worth of Golbez and I have 31 black beads left after managing to sort maybe 500 out of the 22,000 bead container I bought. Now I just have to wait for more of them to be in stock locally because I'm not buying more containers to sort.

Here's a pick of Kain in his action pose and Cecil anyway. I'll probably wait on posting any more until I have the full party and Golbez done. Luckily I have some Warmachine models to paint until I find some more black.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Vivi these are super cool!
    I've been thinking of taking up cross-stitch again and making some cross-stitch sprites would probably be doable!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks guys. I was out picking up some model paint, stopped by a store to see if they had any black beads and walked away with 4,000. Wasn't sure I'd find any in stock that fast.

Guess it's time to spend the day watching bad horror movies and making sprites.

EDIT: Got Golbez finished and fused together. It's the first really big sprite I've done and good god was it the single biggest pain in the ass to iron I've ever seen. Individual beads would refuse to fuse or would just barely fuse and break free as I tried to handle it. Had an a good chunk of an entire peg board get jostled and have to be fixed entirely before I could iron it. I've learned some good stuff to help me do it better next time, but I spent the better part of the last three hours dicking around with this thing. Still have to fuse most of the back too, but it can wait since I've got a drum student coming in a few minutes and I am damn frustrated with it right now.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Those are freakin' AWESOME. Especially since you opted to put them in the "action" pose!

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

I made a bunch of these once! Glad to see someone is carrying on the tradition!

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Golbez is done and on the wall. And none of you get to see him until these three are ironed tomorrow:

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

And done.