Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Favourite Characters in the Manga/Anime universe

Default Your Favourite Characters in the Manga/Anime universe

The headline is self-explanatory.

Are there any characters you will never forget or you have totally loved or still love, think they are incomparably cool in your opinion?
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 03-01-2014 at 04:02 PM.

The pure lack of Spike from Cowboy Bebop on your list is disturbing.

I adore Spike. He is pretty much the epitome of cool and Bad ass. At the same time, he's never portrayed as perfect or supremely wise. He is very deep and inciteful, yet still can't always understand those around him or the troubles they go through (See the episode Symphany for the Devil for a great example). Arguably one of the best characters in just about any kind of fiction, anime or otherwise.

Though I think my favorite character is WolfGang Grimmer from Monster. I can't really explain why without spoiling it, but he was probably the most legitimately depressing character ever. More then once during his story in Monster did my heart just break a little. Not once, but twice I came close to crying I was so sad. They eyes had definitely gotten misty on me.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    I have never read or watched Cowboy Bebop. I don't like the art and even though I don't know if it is the right story the title "cowboy" gave me the imagination of some story I am not interested in, so some cowboy, western story. I like Trigun even though it is western like but only because Vash is so goofy. Maybe I will watch some episodes of CB some day.
    Last edited by Sephiroth; 01-23-2013 at 02:56 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Nana from Elfen Lied and Vash the Stampede

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I have never read or watched Cowboy Bebop. I don't like the art and even though I don't know if it is the right story the title "cowboy" gave me the imagination of some story I am not interested in, so some cowboy, western story. I like Trigun even though it is western like but only because Vash is so goofy. Maybe I will watch some episodes of CB some day.
    Cowboy Bebop isn't a western. At all.

Cowboy's are just the nick names given to Bounty Hunters, and Bebop is the name of their ship (Space Ship).

And disliking the art of Bebop makes no sense to me. O_O

Why does it make no sense to you? Art depends also on the opinion of someone. I don't say it is badly drawn, I just don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

Why does it make no sense to you? Art depends also on the opinion of someone. I don't say it is badly drawn, I just don't like it.
    You take me to seriously. :P

Ghost in the Shell, 2nd GIG - Hideo Kuze
    Full Metal Panic - Sousuke Sagara
    Trigun - Vash
    Gundam Wing - Heero Yui
    DBZ - Vegeta, because after he marries Bulma he is HILARIOUS
    Fruits Basket - Yuki Sohma
    Inuyasha - Sesshomaru
    Cowboy Bebop - Spike Spiegel
    Sailor Moon - Makoto Kino/Sailor Jupiter; Seiya/Sailor Star Fighter
    Jellyfish Princess - Tsukimi
    Samurai Pizza Cats - Polly

That's all I can think of for now! I clearly need to watch more anime.

Sephiroth, I didn't know you watched Sailor Moon! (hi-fives you)
    That was the anime series that kicked off my fan art craze back in the 5th grade (omg so long ago...so sad.) Even though I think that show is a bit wacky and am hesitant to show it to anime-naive friends, I still like it because its a show I grew up with. It has a really great story told in a strange way with all those monsters popping up everywhere all the time, XD

Blog Entries

I miss the old Jessie so much. I loved her anger tantrums, and her dark humor. I miss the old Team Rocket so much.

Blog Entries
    Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Naruto sucks but I like Shikamaru, Gaara, and Kiba.

Gundam - Lacus, Kira, Shin, Haro (), The different extendeds too

Used to watch yugioh when I was younger so I'll add Yugi, Bakura, Valon, Raphael and Mai in there too.

Since a couple people already said Vash, I'll move onto a few other favorites.

Do I deny that nostalgia plays a part in my Inuyasha love? Nope. However I firmly believe it was a mostly pretty good series and I remain absolutely loyal to my sweet Kagome. I've liked a lot of anime chicks but I've only ever loved Kagome. She's always been my favorite character in the show and she will always be one of my favorite characters in anime.

From the ma Angel Sanctuary comes my favorite interpretation of Michael. He was just impossible to dislike with his spirited "screw you all!" attitude and a very relatable backstory and motivation.

Pegaus had the best motivation, the best deck and the best personality of any Yugioh villain. Een as he tortures our heroes you can't help but love the guy. With his Toon Monsters and silly attitude, he's the kind of guy you love to hate.
    And then when you learn about why he's like this in the first place, it adds another dimension to his character. You learn all that silliness was just an act to cover up how deeply broken and depressed he is.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Pegaus had the best motivation, the best deck and the best personality of any Yugioh villain. Een as he tortures our heroes you can't help but love the guy. With his Toon Monsters and silly attitude, he's the kind of guy you love to hate.
    And then when you learn about why he's like this in the first place, it adds another dimension to his character. You learn all that silliness was just an act to cover up how deeply broken and depressed he is.

Pegasus is pretty good too, just a bit creepy at times though.

They should have made Crowler better though...ancient gears are awesome (too bad gx sucked)

GX was fun just because the writers were clearly drugged out of their mind when they wrote it.

Summary of Season 2's Plot:
    Kaiba sent cards into space because, if aliens exist, he wants them to know how to duel. These cards were given "life" by cosmic rays and our hero Jaden has a good long talk with a humanoid dolphin space alien about how he has to save the universe.

Then there's Season 1 which had a real vampire babe as well as an amazon who one of the heroes got it on with. And Season 3 had alternate dimensions and a hermaphrodite and an Australian guy with a mystical eye who walks around with a crocodile on his back.

I still think the coolest Yugi villains are Pegasus, Marik and Dartz. Sure, they all are nothing compared to the true power of Bakura but seriously, I don't care about that.

And Marik is the better Weiss.

However, I lost the interest in watching Yugi when they started dueling while driving a motorcycle.