Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

The multiplayer is fantastic. I played it for 2 1/2 hours before I realized I was going to miss the Super Bowl.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mass Effect Multiplayer? Hellz Yes, was really sceptical at first and not in the slightest interested, got playing it with Paul and Dan and fell in love, got to abuse Kaycee sometimes too made it more fun.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

I am always down for Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, even though I am average and don't have any sweet characters yet. dabrowskitron on xbox live!

FFXIV Character

I'm sending you a friend request.

Very glad this thread exists cause I just finished ME1 last night and downloaded ME2.

My Shep was basically a mobster in space. I ran with the biotics class cause shotguns are MANLY. I extorted anyone I could for funds to properly and made sure to pave way for a new galaxy where Humans were in control in order to gain as much influence as possible.

The game was really fast I felt but mainly cause I didn't have the patience to drive the Mako around every planet in the galaxy just to get a few new guns.

My main crew was Wrex and Tali. I played on Veteran difficulty so having Wrex and his immunity ability was perfect getting a few extra seconds of a meatshield during awkward situations. Tali handled Decryptions, Hacking, Electronics and First Aid, and also knew how to wield a shotgun meaning maximum awesome outputed. Me and Wrex would go biotic ape trout while Tali just squatted in corners firing her shotgun from 50m distances...

GOOD GAME. LOOKING FORWARD TO ME2.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

No more stupid Mako funtime in ME2, B^2, so that's a plus for you. Have fun with the second one! My personal favourite in the series.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Mako sections were one of my favourite things about ME1. I sorely missed exploring planets in 2.

FFXIV Character

Started the third one a few days ago. So far my biggest disappointment is no longer being able to walk into the ladies' restroom. What a let down.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Been playing through ME1 as part of the Trilogy pack on PS3 and so far, I really like the game. I probably spend too much time dicking around than playing the story but oh well... I'm mostly going renegade, though I don't play up the "humanity is #1!" cause a true manipulative bastard is freinds to no one but themselves.

So Male Shep with his default look cause its easy on the eyes and games with character creation generators usually don't work out well for me, I am still not sure which was worse, my down syndrome spartan in Demon's Souls (I seriously regret selling the helmet that covers his face...) or the fact I subconsciously created Keanu Reeves (Bram Stoker Dracula look) in White Knight Chronicles. So yeah no messing with faces this time around...

I am a Soldier class cause Shep just seems like that's how he would roll, though if the sequels gave me a chance to re-roll my job, I might take one of the Mage type classes cause not having Tech skills really limits my party options.

I like most of the cast so far, even if Liara is a bit odd and far more forward than I thought she would be. Wrex is probably my personal favorite because he talks and acts like an adult version of Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.

Shep: Come on, I'm sure you've got some interesting stories.
    Wrex: Well there was the one time my race fought the Taurians and they used a bio weapon that is now going to make my species extinct...
    Shep: I should go now...

Tiara gets the most love of my party, partly because I really like her but mainly because her high Tech skills makes treasure hunting much easier. Sadly Wrex and Bruce Campbell get the least field time since they are pure fighters in a game where 90% of all treasure has a password code to be opened, and I was raised in an era where you need to grab every single coin, ring, and shiny treasure you see on the screen even if its not exactly the smartest move...

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

IIRC in the later games you can change Shepard's class if you want to. However I ran Soldier on my male Shepard and I thoroughly enjoyed the experience, particularly in ME2 where the wide variety of weaponry available made it stupidly fun to play, and also in 2 and 3 Shepard gets the ability to eventually pick one of his team mates skills and use it himself even if he's not a biotic or whatever. Soldier Shep + Domination = oh yes.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think Soldier appeals to those who are more used to traditional shooters.

You can change Shepard's class and even his/her look in each game. I went with Sentinel in ME2 and I really liked the combination of tech and biotic powers. It makes you a real jack of all trades and allows you to pick your squad mates pretty freely. I really liked blowing things up so I went full biotic and picked Adept in ME3. It's fun to clear entire rooms without firing a shot.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Liara freaked me out in the first game. I was all talking to kaidan and just got liara. I talked to her a total of like two times. And then I go to kaidan and he was like "so.... do you have the hots for liara?" and i'm all "what? urm what?" "Yeah cause she totes said you did" So I go talk to her and she confesses her love for me. I'm all "BITCH I JUST MET YOU. CREEPER" She comes off far too strong in the first game. I like her the most in the third but the first she creeped me out xD

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Liara is the easiest romance in ME1 as a consequence of you having the option to obtain her relatively late in the plot. As such, the progression to romance is shorter.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I was trying to romance Ashley, because everyone hates her (not that I find her any less awful, but whatevs) and the Liara romance hit me like a wall. xD I was so disappointed when I got blue alien sex instead of horrible racist sex.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Liara arrives late in the plot? Is the main campaign really that short?