Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Mass Effect

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

To be honest, Kanno, saving everybody is the easiest and most obvious "puzzle" in any game ever made. You'll do it just by enjoying the game and using the tiniest fraction of common sense.

Killing everyone; now, that takes some serious cock-up-ery.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know Quin, you don't know how badly I screwed up the protection of Alexandria mini-game in FFIX. I'm sure if it worked with ME rules not only would the death toll be high, but I would have lost most of the Pluto Knights.

I have now decided that the Quarian/Geth debate is the equivalent of the old Northern Ireland debate where there are no clear sides and trying to discuss it with any relevant people will get your ass chewed out by even the people you are siding with. Geez... Tali just about chewed my head off in her loyalty mission to the point where I kept my damn mouth shut when talking to the Quarian leaders. It was really annoying because one of the bigger assholes on the Admiral Board probably has the best, if not the most unpopular view on the conflict, and I honestly felt like anytime I even thought about agreeing with him and put the cursor on that dialogue option, I could just feel Tali giving me the evil eye...

Its sad when going to the Krogan homeworld and dealing with their political drama feels like a break from controversial subjects.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Don't worry WK, more Quarian Geth fun in ME3! Death glares will continue. Don't you worry!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was afraid of that but I figured I would have to deal with the Geth one way or the other. Its only annoying cause I really like Tali (Trying to romance her in this game) but I can already tell that relationship is going to come to an impasse when it comes down to the wire on the Quarian/Geth issue.

As I said, I have yet to find a good reason for the Genophage to be an issue, and kind of feel the Council races are being dicks about this. That might change in this game but who knows.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Dude I hate the turian council guy when he was like "reapers"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah the Council...

(SPOILER)I let them fry in my ME1 file.

Course if I had known what would happen, I probably wouldn't have made that choice,. but they kept pissing me off...

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Just beat ME3. What a great game. The ending was a bit disappointing and I can't imagine what those who saw it first without the Extended Cut felt. From what I read it was pretty abysmal. That didn't detract from the experience much, though. The entire game was about tying up loose ends and saying goodbye, and it's hard to put an exclamation point on it in the final scenes.

My main gripe was (SPOILER)the three choices at the end didn't make any sense. The whole game centered around the theme that the universe isn't black or white. Yet the final choice was exactly that: Destroy the Reapers and all other synthetic life, let them all live, or combine them all into one 'super race' (that makes no sense). I wanted to destroy them from the beginning, yet I also spent a lot of time in the game driving the point home that the Geth and EDI are different from the Reapers. That was the whole point in the game. Reapers=bad sure, but not all synthetics are bad. I was disappointed that my choices from before didn't matter in the end and I ended up destroying them all, because the other two choices (Shephard controls Reapers, or the ludicrous synthesis option) really made no sense in the context of the game. I would have liked to see my previous choices in the game affect the final choice in the end rather than it just be based on the readiness score.

Second gripe: (SPOILER)There was no final boss. Just a final wave of enemies (which was pretty crazy). RPGs are always at their best when there is a 'big bad' to fight and I was really hoping to go up against Harbinger at the end. But there was nothing. Not even a final fight with the Illusive Man.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Here you go to address that last point Del

Marauder Shields was a great man.
    To address the lack of a boss, the very last enemy you face is a Marauder. Not just any but Marauder Shields. There is a whole fan theory thing about him. He has artwork and comics and everything. The thought is he is actually Nihlis from the first game.

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Human Adept is possibly the worst class (well, it's up there with the worst) so I'm not surprised Del.
    Lies. It is not the worst. Are the other Adepts in the class better? Yes. But if you use it right, it is a good crowd control. I am currently enjoying my (SPOILER)Awakened Collector Adept. Sadly, he has no dialogue or catch-phrases. I sorta hoped in a Collector fight he'd all of a sudden go "ASSUMING CONTROL!" and then you turn on your teammates and kill them all.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Just beat ME3. What a great game. The ending was a bit disappointing and I can't imagine what those who saw it first without the Extended Cut felt. From what I read it was pretty abysmal. That didn't detract from the experience much, though. The entire game was about tying up loose ends and saying goodbye, and it's hard to put an exclamation point on it in the final scenes.

My main gripe was (SPOILER)the three choices at the end didn't make any sense. The whole game centered around the theme that the universe isn't black or white. Yet the final choice was exactly that: Destroy the Reapers and all other synthetic life, let them all live, or combine them all into one 'super race' (that makes no sense). I wanted to destroy them from the beginning, yet I also spent a lot of time in the game driving the point home that the Geth and EDI are different from the Reapers. That was the whole point in the game. Reapers=bad sure, but not all synthetics are bad. I was disappointed that my choices from before didn't matter in the end and I ended up destroying them all, because the other two choices (Shephard controls Reapers, or the ludicrous synthesis option) really made no sense in the context of the game. I would have liked to see my previous choices in the game affect the final choice in the end rather than it just be based on the readiness score.

Second gripe: (SPOILER)There was no final boss. Just a final wave of enemies (which was pretty crazy). RPGs are always at their best when there is a 'big bad' to fight and I was really hoping to go up against Harbinger at the end. But there was nothing. Not even a final fight with the Illusive Man.
    (SPOILER)You can also just tell spacechild to do one and shoot him to get the 4th, just as generic, ending

The King's Shield The Summoner of Leviathan's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Patroclus Menoetius (Sargatanas)

I just played the Citadel DLC. OMFG ALL THE FEELS.