View Poll Results: Are you still interested in Versus XIII?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, oh my goodness, I refresh news sites every day to ge t the first bit of info!

10 37.04%
  • Meh, I could go either way, I certainly don't check up on news anymore.

12 44.44%
  • No, I either never cared about it, or waiting so damn long has made me stop caring at all...

5 18.52%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone still excited for this? [Versus XIII edition]

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> Watched the trailers and is not enough to get me excited..
    Too many black coats and guns for my taste, gameplay didnt impress me either.
    Exactly, combat seemed kind of dull on the gameplay trailer. Kingdom Hearts looks way better.

Still interested. EOFF used to have a huge boner for this game, but its been splashed with cold water I'm afraid. Still check on game sites for news on FFvsXIII from time to time and especially the more dedicated FF news sites.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post
    Still interested. EOFF used to have a huge boner for this game, but its been splashed with cold water I'm afraid.
    I'm sure we'll get some hard news eventually.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Cold water is ineffective on me.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Cold water is ineffective on me.
    Impotence is nothing to be ashamed of.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I'd like to say I have a comeback for that, but I don't think I can. I set myself up too severely.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Yes, I am interested to see if this title truly lives up to the expectations the lack of reporting on the title has caused. The game itself looks interesting enough to me as long as I am allowed to control someone besides Noctis, but it's not a dealbreaker to me either way.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Yes, I am interested to see if this title truly lives up to the expectations the lack of reporting on the title has caused. The game itself looks interesting enough to me as long as I am allowed to control someone besides Noctis, but it's not a dealbreaker to me either way.
    In the last trailer, they clearly show control of characters oher than Noctis:
    FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII Trailer 2011 - YouTube

Some characters have different attack types like at 4:20 we see the blond guy go Third Person Shooter and aim down shots.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm interested enough that I jump whenever the game is mentioned on official sites, but otherwise it's slipped into the inner recesses of my mind.
    Returners Represent!

Yes, I'm still interested in it. I'm very interested in it.

I just hope it gets released within my lifetime though. I mean, this game was announced years ago and we've not seen hide nor hair of a release date.

And can it really be apart of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series? I mean 13 came 3 years ago and I don't see versus coming out for another couple of years. The gap between the releases justifies making versus a separate game of its own. They say versus is in a different world to 13 but it's the same universe... What does that even mean? I'm pretty sure there's no connection besides the fact that they both bear the name Final Fantasy.

But in all honesty, I am super excited. I just feel that SE are too afraid to stray away from the name of Final Fantasy. It would do them good to make an amazing game that isn't called Final Fantasy (although making an amazing game in general would do them justice, I can't remember their last good game)

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I was excited at first when we first got glimpse of some gameplay, but now I'm just like whatever. I'll see whenif it comes out.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I'm concerned given today's reports that we will get an official announcement of the PlayStation 4 in less than three weeks and ahead of a Q4 2013 release. Then again, that probably just forces Square Enix to make an announcement one way or another about the game since it certainly puts a countdown on when the game can feasibly launch. God of War 2 launched on the PS2 several months after the release of the PS3, and Sony has the best track record of continuing to support their previous consoles (only stopped PS2 production last month), but it puts impetus on Square Enix to get the title released sooner rather than later to have a reasonable shot a recouping what must be exorbitant development costs.

I am cautiously optimistic.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I wouldn't be surprised if this game gets a Twilight Princess style release with a dual release on the PS3 and Sony's next console.

FFXIV Character

Cheese Cocteautwins (Lamia)

I've actually never played a sequal/spinoff game of the main FF series (though I kinda wanna play 10-2...), despite playing all but 1 of the main series. I don't think it's because I haven't had the desire to - I liked X and XII enough to want to play X-2 and Revenant Wings. I think it's b/c maybe I just prefer my FF playthroughs "pure". ...though I really do want to play Revenant Wings.

As for the Fabula Nova Crysalis series, XIII didn't really give me any desire to continue playing in that world, regardless of my own personal doctrine on playthroughs. So, yeah, Versus is a no-go for me. ...as of now.
    - Dr. Cheesesteak

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm far less optimistic about the game than I once was. The more people hyped the game up, the more worried I got about how hard it would fail to meet their expectations and thus be considered the Worst Game Ever. I think SE have perhaps done themselves a favour by not talking about the game much, because the hype was way too high and it definitely needed to chill.

Anyway, I'm sure I'll inevitably buy the game, and will treat it with the same enthusiasm I will give Lightning Returns... basically "let's see if this is enjoyable..."
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!