View Poll Results: Are you still interested in Versus XIII?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, oh my goodness, I refresh news sites every day to ge t the first bit of info!

10 37.04%
  • Meh, I could go either way, I certainly don't check up on news anymore.

12 44.44%
  • No, I either never cared about it, or waiting so damn long has made me stop caring at all...

5 18.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone still excited for this? [Versus XIII edition]

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Anyone still excited for this? [Versus XIII edition]

Seriously...

No more derailment please.

Yes, I'm still interested.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Your poll options suck.

I am still very interested in it and I am going to buy it unless something really terrible happens to it, but I don't care to check news sites about it because I know there won't be any news to find, and if there are news about it, I'll find out nearly instantly even without specifically searching for such news.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yeah, poll options left me guessing.

Basically, I'm with Mirage. I'll definitely buy it if/once it comes out of SE's closet, but I'm not going on news sites for it daily. Any news I do get from it is here on EoFF. That's how fed up I am with it

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Still interested, but not as much as I used to. The fact that Xenoblade got announced after Versus and is already more than two years past its release date, and that Monolith's X looks like it's further in development than what we last saw of Versus, does not help. Summing up - used to be the most exciting thing ever, now it's just another game I'd like to experience some day.

I am. I have a question though.

Could this game possibly be for Playstation 4? I wouldn't think it would be considering how desperate Square probably needs money after several releases in a row that haven't faired well.

I mean, I'd still purchase it if it was (Even though it'd take me literally 5 months to save up for the system + the game) but I'm really hoping this is still for the PS3.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Poll has too many extremes. I'm still interested, but I'm not 'waiting by the phone' or anything.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I'm very mildly interested. The middle option describes me pretty well. I have basically stopped caring until and unless they give out more info, or at least show some signs that the game will be released sometime this decade.

Never cared, no interest whatsoever.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yes, actually playing Yakuza 5 remind me why i am excited for Versus XIII. Seamless battles, day and night cycle, vehicles in a Tokyo alike city is really impressive in my opinion.

My only problem is that i hope it won't be an open world with samey tasks/quests.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Anyway, back on topic: I honestly fall somewhere between the second and third choices. I was never terribly excited for the game to begin with and while the actual gameplay trailer peaked my interest, the lack of any kind of meaningful info from SE has sort of made me indifferent to this game.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

In either case, I am interested in this game and I would be really pleased if you could find it in your heart to add a poll option that perfectly describes my feelings for this game. This is actually a constructive suggestion, as it will also help future viewers of this thread and more accurately show this forum's stance towards the game.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I am still very interested in it and I am going to buy it unless something really terrible happens to it, but I don't care to check news sites about it because I know there won't be any news to find, and if there are news about it, I'll find out nearly instantly even without specifically searching for such news.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> Watched the trailers and is not enough to get me excited..
    Too many black coats and guns for my taste, gameplay didnt impress me either.
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Sure. I think it is going to be pretty amazing from what I have seen of it. The art style, the setting, and the fact that cutscenes are going to be interactive. I know it has been forever since it was announced but it was not too long ago that they announced that it was finally in "full production". When it comes out it comes out. There are going to be many more games to enjoy in the meantime.
    Lamia's Tiara- Headgear in FFIX
    Lamia's Flute- Weapon for Eiko in FFIX
    Lamia in FFV- a enemy
    appearance: a lady with long brown hair, wearing a tiara...half woman and half snake.
    Lamia in FF3j- A Harp
    Lamia in FFL2- An enemy
    FF2j Queen Lamia, at one point she even gets Frionel in a bedroom with her and jumps on the bed and says "take me!".. before she turns into her snakey self. She serves as a mini boss in this game (as Queen Lamia).. and after you fight her as a mini boss, regular lamia's become random foes and later on in the game, Queen Lamia's become random foes as well.
    LamiaScl. an item that paralyzes foes.
    According to legend, she was once a Libyan queen (or princess) who fell in love with Zeus. Zeus' jealous wife Hera deformed her into a monster and murdered their offspring. She also made Lamia unable to close her eyes, so that she couldn't find any rest from the obsessing image of her dead children. When Zeus saw what had be done to Lamia, he felt pity for her and gave his former lover a gift: she could remove her eyes, and then put them on again. This way, though sleepless, she could rest from her misfortune. Lamia envied other the other mothers and took her vengeance by stealing their children and devouring them.