Thread: Best Sphere Grid for Kimahri

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It does, to me, work out well if you go through Tidus because he's pretty close to Auron's path, so you can get the best of both worlds that way too.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

If you're desperate for another member who can steal, go for it. I never felt the need to have anyone besides Rikku steal, and I got all the rare items I needed with out more hassle than expected.

Someone like Kimahri just seems suited as the damage dealer/meat shield person. I'd also go the Auron/Tidus route.

Plus, once you send him through Tidus's sphere grid, you can leave Tidus out of your part more often. You can almost let yourself forget he's even in the game.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Whose path do you send Kimahri down?

I've been replaying FFX, and for the first time ever, I sent Kimahri down Wakka's path. readI actually paid attention for the first time and did just send him down a random path.

I'm really surprised and pleased with how useful Kimahri is this time around.

Which path do you usually send him down? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

I sent him down lulu's path for extra magic...don't think it turned out so well.

But usually they make a few bosses where physical damage doesn't do much so I thought it would've helped.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

o.o

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I seriously did not even see this.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Threads merged. Carry on. Nothing to see here.

Wakka's path is great for Kimahri. His higher MP and Strength make him a pretty solid blend of damage dealing status afflicter. I always send him down this path first, and later join Auron's path when available. I also tend to use a White Magic Sphere to teach him Hastega.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Wakka's path is great for Kimahri. His higher MP and Strength make him a pretty solid blend of damage dealing status afflicter. I always send him down this path first, and later join Auron's path when available. I also tend to use a White Magic Sphere to teach him Hastega.
    Okay, so Auron's path ISN'T available at first, right?

This thread was sort of confusing me. Especially since I looked for it at the beginning of the game.

EDIT: That is, isn't available because it's not near Kimahri's original path.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete for President View Post
    Okay, so Auron's path ISN'T available at first, right?

This thread was sort of confusing me. Especially since I looked for it at the beginning of the game.

EDIT: That is, isn't available because it's not near Kimahri's original path.
    Wakka's first, then Auron's at the next intersection. Auron's is available from the beginning, but Wakka's, Tidus' and Auron's connect at several points and I prefer taking Kimahri down Wakka's path before merging with Auron's.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

On my first playthrough I mistakenly put him in Wakka's, which just lead me to dropping him eventually. After that Tidus first then Rikku, Those Al Bhed potions are something else.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Rikku is completely useless once I get the Use ability for him , Tidus' Haste ability (or is it Yuna's? I had Tidus learn haste as well), and then I bring him over to Auron's grid for all the piercing abilities and leveling.

I admit I always made Kimahri an Auron/Tidus crossover, because he physically looked the part. Except now, with the HD Remake coming out, I've been thinking about my next playthrough I feel like saying "That's stereotyping! You can be a magical Ronso if you want, Kimahri!"

So he'll be my Black/White mage on my next go. I'll also probably kill off everyone else in combat and make him much more 'leveled' than the rest. That way he can be on par with Lulu.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I wish I could tell you what I did, but I played FFX so long that everyone has maxed almost every sphere grid. It's all about what you want to use him for. If you want him to be fast and strong take him through Tidus. If you want him to be strong and high on HP take him to Auron. I know that I didn't take him down Yuna, Lulu or Rikku's path first, just because I saw him as this big muscular man-monster that needed high attack. xD