Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who did you give what materia too?

Quote Originally Posted by jlenoconel View Post
    ...some, but kept some to one character. I had to change materia a lot towards the end, when I was fighting Sepiroth. Especially as you have to use two teams during the final battle.
    I know what you mean but since I use classes I have every character with a role that is useful to the battle, I don't need to have the same Materia combinations on the characters to be effective... Any class could have its usefulness even against Sephiroth...

Of course losing the White Mage (Aeris) on the course it helps that any of the 3 parties includes someone able to heal, although the Item command gives some self-sufficiency to everyone...

Having lost Aeris the most effective healers could be Cid with some of his blue magics or Vincent with his chemist command (W-Item)...

Yes, you got it! When Aeris is gone, no more healing spells! Losing a character means also losing his/her role in battle...

Too easy to simply switch her Materia to someone else... A loss is a loss...

Also, as you already noticed... She is the White Mage/Summoner... So no Knights of the Round... Again, too easy... She is the magically powerful last Ancient alive, with her Summoner class brought to full potential (Knights of the Round) she would have been the key to defeat Sephiroth but he kills her before she could achieve that and the party has to renounce to the easy way around...
    Last edited by SteahMeLee; 05-24-2013 at 10:56 AM.
    If you want to be a Final Fantasy hero...............

Choose your class!

I never really gave specific materia to anyone.. it was more of giving the materia that took the longest to level to someone who had triple boost on their items

Well, don't you think it's quite casual and impersonal for the character's personality and style like that?

Choose your class!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by SteahMeLee View Post
    Well, don't you think it's quite casual and impersonal for the character's personality and style like that?
    Which sums up my personal problem of having these blank-slate characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Which sums up my personal problem of having these blank-slate characters.
    Hahaha! Well, they are not totally blank-slate even without any Materia since they have differences in weapons and Limits but it's not enough to characterize them adequately... Assigning them classes (even while not pre-created by the game but self-created by grouping Materia/equipments into "themes") helps a lot to define them and make them unique... No matter if the game would let you give everything to everyone, you won't do it and decide that any character uses only a limited amount of stuff that is inside the same theme and any theme is based on one of the traditional classes such as Knight, Black Mage or Thief! It always works great to me!

Choose your class!