Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I cannot aim as well as I would think that snipers have to aim, so I admire her for being able to be that patient to get the perfect shot. I'm more of a hands-on type of guy...
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Depends on the game how I play sniper, in BF:BC2(and other realistic ones with gravity, wind and such affecting the shot), I'll usually camp far away and patiently take the shot because you don't really have much of a choice with so many factors weighing in. But in W:ET(and other less realistic games), I've been known to just crouch down in the open and take reflex shots as need be. XD

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    No way. From my perch I can zero in on you caucus racers down below and make a hit.
    I'll take you out, camper.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Depends on the game really. I like sniper rifles and I enjoy using them in most situations and yet I find myself in competitive pvp games utilizing mid-range assault weaponry. On Halo my most effective game type is Swat since I began playing the multi-player back in Halo 3, which sees me using either a DMR or BR or rarely even a Magnum depending on which Halo it is and what map conditions (Halo 4: using a BR on more closed in maps, a DMR in more open spaced maps for better range) are like. In games like Call of Duty where mid-range weaponry consists of assault rifles you'll find me mostly using a silenced assault rifle from longer range than normal including using them up to sniper rifle ranges where I have been accused of cheating rather than having good eyesight. I find that unless the game was designed with particular attention to sniping it can be difficult to utilize, for example many Call of Duty game segments are designed to make you surge forwards, especially when the game is built by Treyarch for a key example of this: Khe Sahn in the first Black Ops game, there is a couple of segments which see you have to cross an open trench field under heavy attack, the troops you must actively worry about re-spawn every 6 seconds after being killed and are upon you almost immediately, using a sniper rifle though one is available is pointless you need the faster rate of fire of an assault rifle or LMG to get through them alive. The developer is forcing you in to a "rush" situation I dislike that, in Modern Warfare call of duty games, with exception to timed criteria missions there is generally a finite number of troops therefore picking up a sniper rifle moving to a vantage point, taking the shot, once compromised moving to another section and taking the shot from there and so forth works because once you've worked around the field of battle sniping the enemies are all dead.

I also enjoy playing a sniper type role in games like morrowind because sometimes the bow and arrow is a better choice when you're the stealth type.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    I also enjoy playing a sniper type role in games like morrowind because sometimes the bow and arrow is a better choice when you're the stealth type.
    Sniping with a bow in Elder Scrolls games (and in Thief) is way more satisfying than it should be. Really great shots bring on the gameboner.