Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in a HD remake?

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I enjoyed it. It was like an MMO but single player. And I enjoy MMO's so there's that!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    I enjoyed it. It was like an MMO but single player. And I enjoy MMO's so there's that!
    That. It was different and fun. I'll take ADB and gambits over CTB any day.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Hey I loved FFXII's battle system!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

DataLogs. If ever I played a game that needed some kind of journal with information on all the different characters and the storyline, this game was it. I've twice played through to the end, once completed it, and I still don't really feel like I followed the storyline so much as pushed buttons to progress it. But then, I was never a big fan of politics.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought the game DID have datalogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

XIII did. I don't remember XII having any. I would often go back into the story after a long period of doing hunts and leveling and have forgotten what I was supposed to be doing and just kind of... not have any real way of being reminded.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

There aren't Datalogs in the game, though a lot of world lore is covered in the bestiary. And you can find out what you're supposed to do right now on the map screen.

Blog Entries

The few things I'd like to see:

-As Mirage mentioned, the choice between the original FFXII and the job system version

-Make battle commands complete faster

-Make it so that moving around the battlefield actually affects battles

I think that's about it.
    Xenogears is the tragic story of how your whole life can take a crappy turn, just because you happened to see a lady in a wedding dress before her wedding.

This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broken down
    This boy is crackin' up, this boy has broke down

Articles
    Blog Entries

If they could include more hunts, that would be awesome. You could even make it slightly like the coliseum in XIII-2 where you could 'hunt' famous enemies from previous games. Or something. I don't know.

What else? Make magic casting not so that there is a huge delay because I casted scathe. It should be seamless, but alas, it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    The old battle system.
    Yep, this.

I still don't understand how anyone can possibly enjoy FFXII's battle system, it was horrible. I want one of the old systems back.
    There was an article on Gamasutra a while back, and the idea wasn't new, that games seek efficiency. I think those of us who play RPGs are probably even more prone than most to this. That cool animation looks cool the first 2 or 3 times, but eventually you get tired of watching it. You're leveling up and you want efficiency.

I loved FFXII's battle system above almost all else about the game. While gambits could only be made so complicated, I could aim to strategically automate my battles depending on what I was doing. Layering strategy with efficient automation in an open-worldish game is just amazing.

I mean... what's better? ATB? Selecting options as a gauge fills up? I did like FFXs well enough. It was a rock, paper, scissors thing (if it's flying, Wakka, if it's armored, Auron, etc.) and you had access to the whole party, but most importantly, you could see when your turn versus the enemies was coming so there was a greater element of (spoon fed) strategy.

I'd much rather have a game like FFXII where you aren't pulled out of the world to fight things. Where you can almost reasonably opt out of some battles if you run or sneak.

Different strokes I guess, but FFXII probably had the most enjoyable battle system of any RPG I can think of.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The old battle system.
    Yep, this.

I still don't understand how anyone can possibly enjoy FFXII's battle system, it was horrible. I want one of the old systems back.
    Don't let HC hear you say that. Some say that the last time he heard someone say the battle system in 12 was horrible he went insane.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Hypoallergenic Cactuar View Post
    The old battle system.
    Yep, this.

Don't let HC hear you say that. Some say that the last time he heard someone say the battle system in 12 was horrible he went insane.
    Hush, little baby. It's alright. We all know the system is awesome. It's all those other people that're crazy.

Blog Entries

The battle system annoyed me at first, but after I got used to it, I liked it.

I want the characters to -not- pronounce "Bahamut" the way they did. That just made my skin crawl. Alas, that would require re-recording and I doubt Squeenix would follow through with that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post

I want the characters to -not- pronounce "Bahamut" the way they did. That just made my skin crawl. Alas, that would require re-recording and I doubt Squeenix would follow through with that.
    I liked it. I generally adored everything about the VA in this game. I know a couple of people were bothered by the pronunciation of "marquis" as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post

I liked it. I generally adored everything about the VA in this game. I know a couple of people were bothered by the pronunciation of "marquis" as well.
    The "s" is SILENT.

I mean, I know it's not universal, but man, that was annoying.

I never got far enough to reach the Bahamut. I ended shortly after the horrible Great Crystal dungeon. I just couldn't bring myself to care about the plot anymore.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.