Thread: Tomb Raider won't be coming to the Wii U

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Post Tomb Raider won't be coming to the Wii U

Some Tomb Raider fans are going to be sorely disappointed to find out that Lara Croft won't be breaking her way onto the Wii U this year.

The Creative Director of Crystal Dynamics; Noah Hughes, has revealed why the game won't be available on Nintendo's latest console: "I’m always a fan of the Nintendo systems, in particular they really push interface design, and from a game design perspective it’s fun to play with new interfaces. Having said that it’s something that I think we would want to tailor the experience to if we were going to do it."

With the game taking such a different and drastic direction from the previous titles, it comes as no surprise that Crystal Dynamics want to keep the experience as true as possible - which is why they are not developing it for the Wii U. Hughes went on to add: "Something like the Wii U often asks you to do something unique based on a unique interface. That’s something as a gamer I love but it’s something you don’t want to do half-heartedly as a developer"

So although disappointing, this is good news. It means that Square-Enix and Crystal Dynamics are leaving this game untouched for the Wii U - for now. Who's to say they won't develop it in the future if the game is a big enough success?

How do you feel about a Wii U specific Tomb Raider experience?
    [Source: Crystal Dynamics director on why Tomb Raider isn't coming to Wii U - Wii U ]

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hmmm... I'm not sure.

I'm pretty excited for the new one but I'm happy to stick to the controls that I know and like. I'm not overly bothered about the Wii U though if I'm honest. I own a Wii which is great but can't justify the purchase of a new console just yet.

I'm hoping the new Tomb Raider is a success though. It was long overdue an over-haul.