Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Squall: Great Protagonist, or snarky dip trout?

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post
    Also, -I- have no horrendous character flaws. Pick me apart. I'm quite perfect.
    8-Bit Theater, Episode 614

You're Red Mage.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Blog Entries

XDDDD

Squall had been repressed his whole life and even had repressed memories. Just look at how Irvine had to use a dirty magazine to entice Squall into loving and how shy he is after rescuing Rinoa aboard the Ragnarok. His life was too extraordinary to expect perfection. Lots of his angst is internalized anyways.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Sadly, I think Squall showed more emotions in his cameo in KH than he did through all of FF8.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

Quote Originally Posted by zx12y View Post
    Just look at how Irvine had to use a dirty magazine to entice Squall into loving
    I think this had the opposite effect. He's the serious soldier and thinking about hanky panky made him nervous and annoyed

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by zx12y View Post
    Just look at how Irvine had to use a dirty magazine to entice Squall into loving
    I think this had the opposite effect. He's the serious soldier and thinking about hanky panky made him nervous and annoyed
    One way or another, I think it's pretty symbolic for how Squall's companions view him emotionally.

It's been ages, and I probably should play the game again for an up to date judgement, but I use to like Squall. I liked how you got a good grasp of what he was thinking in that confusing head of his. Moody and emo-ish, but it never bothered me much. Guess I'll replay FFVIII one of these days.

Squall? Drama queen reject - and I actually mean that in a good way. I have... issues with full-blown drama queens, real or fictional, and he just isn't one. (Edge Maverick, I'm looking at YOU!) Back when the game was new, I could sometimes identify with the little bugger, but now I think the whole game is just... kinda silly, really. And the music is only good in the beginning and the end. :P
    So, yeah. Could be better, could be a hell of a lot worse. But my days with FF8 are over and done with. Not touchin' that again.
    This Apple-software (QuickTime) is not meant to be used for controlling nuclear powerplants, aircraft-navigation, communication-systems, air traffic control-systems or lifesupportive machines, where errors and shortcomings in the Apple-software may lead to deaths, injuries or serious property- or environmental damage.