Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Playstation 4 Inbound!

Continuing the Playstation Retrospective.
    Here's the PS2 video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=Hvcps5dFzfc#!
    Last edited by nirojan; 02-18-2013 at 01:21 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yo that video's not playing; it's not even up at the ps blog!

Sorry the Youtube linking on Eoff is acting iffy again. I posted the link instead.

And yes the Blog hasn't gotten this up yet, but IGN has had it since yesterday and Kotaku as well. This video is on the Official PS Youtube channel so the Blog will probably get a post up for it soon.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Haha, yeah, I found it elsewhere myself. They posted the PS3 one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XF2pu-4rXc

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Haha, yeah, I found it elsewhere myself. They posted the PS3 one: Evolution of PlayStation: PlayStation 3 - YouTube
    I'm not here to bash or anything, but it's kind of funny how they use a lot of footage of games yet to be released while "looking back" on the PS3. And seeing consumerism madness like people spending the night in front of a store always gives me the shivers.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yes, or even games that just recently came out like a week ago. There's always been a big lack of context when people discuss this console generation, or discussing it along with the rest of gaming history.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

What a terrible video.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Good to see you positive as always, mirage

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I like my PS3 and all, but that video was kind of just Sony masturbating in front of a camera.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Yeah the PS3 video was pretty wierd. You'd think they'd concentrate more on games like MGS4, GOW3, UC2, etc., but I think they have contracts where they have to promote upcoming games with certain publishers in all their promotional content.

Anyways, here's the PSP & PSV video:
    Evolution of PlayStation: Portable Gaming - YouTube

Articles
    Blog Entries

37 seconds on the PSP! It's almost as if they tried to downplay the thing instead of tell a story. It's an interesting one, for sure. The period when everyone started vehemently hating the thing, from 2009 on, was when I got one and all my favorite games for the system were released!

Articles
    Blog Entries

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKi7qlDdXxs

This one's all about the games! Well, Gran Turismo and a few quick shoutouts to the less conventional, innovative standouts that PlayStation has become known for over the last two generations.

Anyway, it all comes down tomorrow, anyone watching the live feed?

Just a heads up that the PS4 announcement is today at 6 PM Eastern (3 PM Pacific)
    Pretty much all the major gaming sites have a video stream going up for the event, but here's the one from the PS Blog:

Today: Watch PlayStation Meeting 2013 Live at 6pm Eastern Time – PlayStation Blog

Plenty of AAA developers have shown up

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon
    Developers from Ubisoft Montreal, Sony Santa Monica Studios, Bungie and Quantic Dream are amassing in New York City in time for today's PlayStation 2013 Meeting, scheduled to begin at 6 p.m. EST.

It is unknown whether they will simply be in the audience or make a formal announcement; however, taking to Twitter, numerous designers including the developers behind God of War have hinted they will be attending today's Sony event.

"What does our future hold for tomorrow? We heard they may open Pandoras Box (again) live on stage, that would be AWESOME #playstation2013," wrote Sony Santa Monica.

Watch dogs lead designer Jonathan Morin revealed he is also in New York as of Feb. 19, stating: "I just cross Moen, Markov and Pacioretty in my hotel in NY . Awesome!," while Quantic Dream CEO Guillaume de Fondaumiere also teased he is in town, tweeting: "New York, -6 Celcius and clear sky ..."

Dave Lang of Iron Galaxy Studios revealed he would be in the audience for tonight's show, writing: "If you are watching the Sony stream tomorrow: I'm the one in the crowd with the "When's Marvel" sign." In addition, Capabara Games president Nathan Vella will also be in attendance, writing: "Flight boarded... On my way to NYC. See tons of you there "

While rumors of a Battlefield 4 announcement have been circling, DICE's Gustav Halling remained mum, saying only: "I honestly have no clue what Sony is showing tonight, as much speculation as everyone else but I can make realistic guesses."

Polygon hears that Epic Games vice president Mark Rein will be in town, while we spotted Bungie composer Marty O'Donnell coming out of the event venue last night.

Polygon will be attending today's show. Stay tuned for full coverage and live blogging throughout, starting at 6 p.m. EST.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

11pm GMT. Dammit. I shouldn't be anticipating this as much as I am. I'm getting excited and impatient! I'd laugh if they just said something like say "We're giving Vita a price drop!" But yeah, c'mon. Give me all that PS4 info. Today, I am a tech junky.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!