Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So what do you hope to see in this game?

Pretty much the same thing most people want. Less linearity.

Two or three costume changes for characters would be fantastic. Nothing off the wall and completely ridiculous (I'm lookin' atchu Summoner Serah).

Airships definitely need to return in some format. Even the ability to customize the airship a little - speed/playable airship battles maybe. Would be a first for Final Fantasy.

Magic needs to stay the same with new effects of course.

And the big one for me anyhow is to have a REALLY great cast. So far the playable characters in this game seem very dark and moody. We need some characters a little lighter and with a more carefree attitude.

Also, finally show Etro and I mean really show her if she's a part of this game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JaymeNoel View Post
    Airships definitely need to return in some format. Even the ability to customize the airship a little - speed/playable airship battles maybe. Would be a first for Final Fantasy.
    That sounds smurfing awesome. No seriously, that's a lovely idea!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Enjoyable minigames that have longevity to them (ie, not Gold Saucer basketball, but rather Triple Triad). Maybe they could have a Treasure Hunt style minigame that goes on throughout the story, with clues leading to the next place dotted around the world that lead to various goodies. Maybe have achievement styled rewards for doing all kinds of things, like defeating one of every enemy, or defeating a certain number of certain enemies (XII styled lore rewards, or even looting bonuses). Actual weapon customisation a la FFVII (Added Effect, Double Cut, etc).

Definitely a traversable world, and apparently that will happen so yay.

Locations that aren't story or plot relevant and don't even require you to go to them at all.

Great fights, great battle system, great story, blah blah blah.

I actually don't want them to do a "HUGE" impacting story, though. Because this should be about the gameplay, not the plot. The incredible plots with mindblowing deaths and tragedies and phenomenal writing should be saved for FFXV.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> The trailers killed all my hopes for this game..
    Just out of curiosity, what were your hopes for this game?

Anyway, as for me, I like the party dynamic (certain characters have certain abilities); it adds another layer of complexity to the mix, as well as the ability to pilot vehicles. Travel seems fun, reminds me of Xenoblade actually. I want the characters to be more than just cliches, and from what scarce details I've read, it sounds like Nomura is trying to make the characters multi-layered.
    Returners Represent!

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

Quote Originally Posted by Edge7 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by black orb View Post
    >>> The trailers killed all my hopes for this game..
    Just out of curiosity, what were your hopes for this game?
    >>> Something with less explosions maybe..

never had many hopes for this anyways, I was more excited with FF13 (big disappointment) when the first trailers appeared..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JaymeNoel View Post
    That sounds smurfing awesome. No seriously, that's a lovely idea!
    Ah how could I forget! Yes I agree, sound awesome!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."