Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what do you hope to see in this game?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Question So what do you hope to see in this game?

Since a lot of people are interested in this title and some are even thinking it may be a second coming for FF, what are you hoping to see in this game?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Fun.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Could you elaborate?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes, I could.

I'm not expecting a "second coming", but I am expecting:

• Something with relatively thought-provoking stories and characters. Preferably with themes I can relate to as a young adult, not a teenager;
    • A battle / equipment system that can be enjoyed casually, but also allows the player to get deep into customization and strategies if they want to;
    • I want to see a large range of beautiful, atmospheric landscapes and environments to explore;
    • The illusion of an open world. I like the game to give me direction in a linear way, but I still would like more room to explore than compared to Final Fantasy XIII;
    • A quality soundtrack, though I'm never really disappointed with Square's talent in that department; and
    • As Del said, fun!

I guess that might be a bit vague and generalized, but there's not really much information to go on in the first place.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

All that sounds good!

I'm just looking for a unique RPG like the days when Square made RPGs that weren't cheap cell phone games or Final Fantasy sequels.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Here is what i want:

1-New magic, summons and weapons, I prefer less standard magic that FF games normally have such as Fire/Fira/Firaga, buff/debuff or AOE magic. I want more Styles/finishers(from BBS), magic like Mines, Magnet, Thunder Roll, Slide block, etc...

2- I hope command menu is robust with many of battle commands like a turn based game but without need to browse or cycle a lot. Simply, I want a menu fit action game flow which is easier said than done without pauses.

3-Dedicated block button, I prefer timing based block than hold a button and ability to reflect stuff.

4-FF needs more high end abilities and magic, nowadays we have an FF that doesn't include an Ultima or Meteor or even haste. Sometimes, we don't have summons or limit breaks in our games.

5-Good and fun treasure hunting, I don't like randomized treasures.

6- I want more mega-cities and cities that don't make me feel like i am in Monster Hunter guild or MMO clan.

7- Vehicle and/or Airship.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShinGundam View Post
    Here is what i want:

1-New magic, summons and weapons, I prefer less standard magic that FF games normally have such as Fire/Fira/Firaga, buff/debuff or AOE magic. I want more Styles/finishers(from BBS), magic like Mines, Magnet, Thunder Roll, Slide block, etc...

2- I hope command menu is robust with many of battle commands like a turn based game but without need to browse or cycle a lot. Simply, I want a menu fit action game flow which is easier said than done without pauses.

3-Dedicated block button, I prefer timing based block than hold a button and ability to reflect stuff.

4-FF needs more high end abilities and magic, nowadays we have an FF that doesn't include an Ultima or Meteor or even haste. Sometimes, we don't have summons or limit breaks in our games.

5-Good and fun treasure hunting, I don't like randomized treasures.

6- I want more mega-cities and cities that don't make me feel like i am in Monster Hunter guild or MMO clan.

7- Vehicle and/or Airship.
    I remember Noctis standing near a service station in one of the screenshots for Versus, and I do think there will be a vehicle or some sort. I also agree with the lack of high-end abilities in the later games. XIII-2 didn't have haste, only as an incredibly rare buff with a pre-emptive strike or phoenix down.

I'd like adult, compassionate storylines in this game. None of the XIII themes which on the surface were quite deep I guess but actually were quite tame. I want to see an adult storyline that will genuinely move me.

Don't give a smurf anymore. Just want the bloody thing to come out now.

The game could have Blitzball in it and wouldn't really care now. Okay... maybe a little... please no Blitzball....

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Don't give a smurf anymore. Just want the bloody thing to come out now.
    Seriously. We found out about this game back in 2006. I was still in high school. Now I'm an adult doing adult things in the 'real' world and they still haven't given me this damn game.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

an actual release

You know, part of me wants this to come out and be complete garbage, same with Lightning Returns. I seem to derive some kind of demented pleasure from the Idea of Final Fantasy crashing and burning in a hellfire of trout.

And I dont' know why. o_O

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> The trailers killed all my hopes for this game..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

The trailers raised all my hopes for this game.

In either case, what Rostum said sounds good.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    You know, part of me wants this to come out and be complete garbage, same with Lightning Returns. I seem to derive some kind of demented pleasure from the Idea of Final Fantasy crashing and burning in a hellfire of trout.

And I dont' know why. o_O
    It's your anger and restlessness creeping in. Don't turn over to the darkside NeoCracker! Nooooo!!!