Thread: A little piece of help

Default A little piece of help

Hey guys,

While trying to google my issues I just fell over this lovely board and well hence I did not find any help or decent answer yet I thought I might just call out for help here.

My plan was to start a Lets Play about Final Fantasy VIII, I fell in love with this game ages ago and wanted to uplive some of my memories during this LP. Now here is the issue:

I only played this game on my playstation, never had the PC version for it. I hope the content is the same?

Secondly are there any mods I have to use, as I am running Windows 7 and not 95 / 98.

Thirdly are there any mods I can use in order to get a suitable Resolution and maybe some HDD packages, including 16x16 HD textures?

I already want to thank all of you a lot, as some topics here already helped me out, also thanks in advance for your answers.

The chosen one from Rinoa Rinoa Lover's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Eureka!

You can better download the game on your PS3, PSP or PSVita like I and my best friend Danny did. Then you can play the game without worries

You can also use an emulator to play the PSX copy on your PC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblet View Post
    You can also use an emulator to play the PSX copy on your PC.
    I know but there is one problem, you can't save the game by that way dear Gamblet

Quote Originally Posted by OneManeShow View Post
    I only played this game on my playstation, never had the PC version for it. I hope the content is the same?
    There are no super big changes so it does not matter. The PC version gives you access to the Chocobo World however, while you needed a Pocket Station for the PlayStation version.

Thanks for all your replies so far, but I have the game for PC already, also I wanted to do a LetsPlay, which means I wantg to record it. Somewhere in this forums I have red that some issues (quality -wise) might appear while using an emulator..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OneManeShow View Post
    Thanks for all your replies so far, but I have the game for PC already, also I wanted to do a LetsPlay, which means I wantg to record it. Somewhere in this forums I have red that some issues (quality -wise) might appear while using an emulator..
    You're mostly welcome dear Onemanshow

I really hope so! >=/

So there actually no mods for ths game? If yes is there any way to change something in the original .cfg?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm fairly sure I've run the PC version of FFVIII on Windows 7 without problem. It was about a year ago, I think.

Sephiroth is correct in that you can do everything in the PSX version on the PC version, including Chocobo World.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Well I installed it and it's running smoothly, I am happy about that. Still I try to stress this one question: As I want to use this game for future lets playes, etc. it wd be great if I could play it on a 1920*1080 resolution and maybe some HD textures, any ideas?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

No chance of that happening anytime soon, sorry mate.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!