Thread: Sounds issues

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

Default Sounds issues

Recently, my computer's sound card has been acting funky. I'm running Win7 premium on a desktop connected to a monitor with internal speakers using HDMI. I know the speakers work because they make this god awful we work noise when I run the self test.

The issue is that after I plug headphones into the output jack on the front of my tower and take them out, my computer stops sending sound to my speakers. Normally, my PC is set to auto change devices, and I've put in and taken out the head phones to watch and see that it is changing which device should be putting out sound. When that didn't yield any changes, I set it so that the only default device would be the HDMI outgoing, but that didn't work either.

I've fixed it once before, but that required that I completely reinstall windows from a blank drive. I've already 'updated' and reinstalled the sound card drivers and that didn't work, so I'm not sure what I should do to fix it short of reinstalling windows *again*.

Any suggestions?

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

t45rsdf
    Last edited by Nominus Experse; 03-17-2014 at 02:49 PM.

FFXIV Character

Indeed I did! :C Still no luck, I have just decided to use headphones until I die.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

23fewfds
    Last edited by Nominus Experse; 03-17-2014 at 02:49 PM.

FFXIV Character

There's a wiring issue in the headphone jack on the front of my tower. Plugging USB anythings into the port will freeze my computer. I'm just going to disconnect it and keep it from messing with anything else. xD