Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss why Ashe is the best female character ever...

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Default Let's discuss why Ashe is the best female character ever...

Sure she might have a short skirt, but still manages to look regal. She doesn't depend on anyone to get trout done, is part of an unground resistance operation, took part in faking her own death - and did all of this whilst greiving for her KIA newly-wed husband. That's seriously one can of awesome.

(plus we also share similar names, maybe I should deed pool to be Ashelia too!)

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

She cries over her dead husband constantly instead of moving on. The way God intended.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ummm... I hope youre kidding
    She mourns, but shes also not very blatant about it, and shes still a strong leader even with those emotional issues.

Hell, if she was a guy and her wife was killed you can be damn sure hed be mourning for most of the mission

And also, she does eventually move on too

Best female character in the Final Fantasy series ? Not even close. She's way too emotional.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post

Hell, if she was a guy and her wife was killed you can be damn sure hed be mourning for most of the mission
    No because the Final Fantasy fandom would be picking on him and calling him a gay looser. * Edward FF IV COUGH *

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

I'm sorry would you not be slightly emotional if your newly-wed husband got killed in a war along with all your brothers and your farther was assassinated by seemingly your own people whilst brokering a peace deal? All of this before you even turned 18.

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter View Post

No because the Final Fantasy fandom would be picking on him and calling him a gay looser. * Edward FF IV COUGH *
    Just like they did with Cid Highwind in FFVII rig... oh wait.
    Last edited by Aulayna; 02-05-2013 at 09:33 AM.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm with maybee. I prefer my characters to be complete without realistic and believeable personalities and character development.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I'm assuming that's sarcasm, Quin? xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Aulayna View Post
    I'm guessing you mean Vincent Valentine? I didn't ever see Cid Highwind mourning a wife. :S

Despite this, I definitely agree with you regarding Ashe. While I still prefer Tifa, I do think she was a very deserving winner of Best Female in the FF Ciddies.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I'm sorry would you not be slightly emotional if your newly-wed husband got killed in a war along with all your brothers and your farther was assassinated by seemingly your own people whilst brokering a peace deal? All of this before you even turned 18.

You're forgetting that there's female characters out there who have gone through so much worse and deal with their pain and trauma so much better than Ashe. Tifa, Aerith, Terra, Celes, Beatrix, Selphie, Dagger, Yuna...

I think you mean Vincent Valentine.

Which yes gets called a emo, fag, gothic looser, vampire, "listens to Linkin Park " and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    I'm with maybee. I prefer my characters to be complete without realistic and believeable personalities and character development.
    Last edited by maybee; 02-05-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Again, I don't really get how you see Ashe as some kind of overly emotional being. She's actually very good at keeping her emotions under control.

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Again, I don't really get how you see Ashe as some kind of overly emotional being. She's actually very good at keeping her emotions under control.
    You do realize that she totally went up and slapped Basch in the face right ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2L24Rd_z64

yes.

good.

at.

keeping.

her.

emotions.

under- control.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

She seemed to be to be a very emotionally strong woman. She knew exactly what she wanted, how to get it and didn't beg anyone to help her. She never once used her feminine charms on any of the characters, which was super nice.

I'm assuming that's sarcasm, Quin? xD
    I like to go into everything under the assumption everything Quin says is legit. Makes threads so much funner.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

[QUOTE=maybee;3213180]So? I'm very good at keeping my emotions under control, too. But that doesn't mean that if someone that I had every reason to believe killed my father walked up to my face that I wouldn't try to do them some damage.

If her emotions were out of control, she would try to kill him, not slap him.

You're forgetting that there's female characters out there who have gone through so much worse and deal with their pain and trauma so much better than Ashe. Tifa, Aerith, Terra, Celes, Beatrix, Selphie, Dagger, Yuna...
    Yes it was so terrible what Beatrix had to go through. Slaughtering those edefensless rat people was very, very traumatizing for her.

And nobody in FFVIII is an example good anything except Seifer. Selphie is as badly written as everyone else.

Also Tifa helped Barret and them start blowing Shinra stuff up as a way of revenge so she is in no way better than Ashe who also wanted to blow up her enemies.

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You do realize that she totally went up and slapped Basch in the face right ?

FFXII - Basch Gets Punched In the Face - YouTube

yes.

good.

at.

keeping.

her.

emotions.

under- control.
    Actually, that just showa how in control she is. Thats a very mild reaction compared to what a lot of people would have done
    Case in point: vaan trying to kill basch
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy