Thread: Help with installation

Default Help with installation

Hey I been searching for a while but when I can't seem to find a solution to my problem in downloading the PC version of FF8

I mount the installation fine but when I open up the SETUP.exe or STARTUP.exe and click install it does not do anything. If anyone can help me that would be awesome pawesome

Did you buy it or torrent it? It could have been a bad torrent, perhaps? Try right clicking the setup.exe and run it as an administrator.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    Did you buy it or torrent it? It could have been a bad torrent, perhaps? Try right clicking the setup.exe and run it as an administrator.
    I tormented it from thepiratebay and for people it has worked but some people like met get thos problem

Hmm I only see one torrent on ThePirateBay, so I'm assuming it's that one. I have no idea what could be causing it, seems most people are having troubles whether installing it, or it crashing at certain stages on the first disc.

There's not really much I or perhaps anyone can do as it's an illegal way to obtain the game, but the PC version's price on eBay is ridiculous. Until they release a new digital downloadable PC version, like they did with FF7, I recommend emulating the PSX version or buying it on PSN if you have a PS3/PSP/PSVita.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."