Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tell us about getting screwed and getting mad!

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Pike View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Needle-Encrusted Scorpion dropped once in forty six kills and this jerkbag Mage rolled need and beat my fury warrior for it. smurfing Warcraft.
    Quote Originally Posted by DownDiagonalLeftA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Needle-Encrusted Scorpion dropped once in forty six kills and this jerkbag Mage rolled need and beat my fury warrior for it. smurfing Warcraft.
    I'll never forget when Deathbringer's Will dropped on 25 man icc, I rolled a 99, was SO HAPPY, and then a warrior who was doing less dps than the MT rolled a 100 and got it.
    You guys are making me nostalgic for Wrath of the Freaking Lich King of all things.
    Wrath was kinda fun!

I had heroic Deathbringer's Will on my enhance shammy since all of the other melee DPS had one...completely worthless for me, but I'd throw it on for the daily heroic and cause instant nerd rage the second a transformation would proc.

Articles

Wrath was MAD fun!
    You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Playing X-Com UFO Defense, manage to wipe out the first terror mission what popped up despite having just one laser pistol, no medikits equipped, no armour taking severe casualties as a result. (6 operatives died, 4 injured enough to be out of the fight and 4 left standing. Next mission I had to ignore another terror mission with half my remaining squad in armour and laser rifles being produced. Then get a real lull in the conflict thinking awesome! Punched up my science and manufacturing, got everyone armour, got everyone laser based equipment, replaced grenades with alien grenades. make motion scanners and get some of my best troops back up to full combat ready status. Cost me a fair bit of funding ignoring the terror mission but was in no way shape or form going to survive if I launched an intercept.

Next mission that comes up is a terror mission in Africa. I initiate forgetting to save my game before hand. Right at the outset I'm screwed as a UFO/Flying Saucer type thing is right at the bottom of the ramp of the skyranger capable of shooting inside. First two to die are my best heavy weapons troop and my most veteran assault trooper. I rage quit and then remembered the whole not saving since loading up the game.
    Always go to terror sites. Even if you've only got one person and he's a blind cripple with a BB gun, go to the terror site. If you kill all the civvies yourself then lose all your troops you'll STILL suffer less than if you ignored it.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

once my little sister saved over my saves of ff8 wherein i was 50 hours into the game

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Borderlands 2. The last boss can drop about 6 different Legendaries. Problem is when you kill him the loot errupts like an exploding pinata which means trout can end up out of reach in the lava, stuck on top of statues you can't climb or just stick inside terrain in general.

Caused me so much rage when the shotgun I'd spent about 6 hours farming for fell down the map to a point you instantly died if you tried reaching.

Blog Entries

I play the majority of my games on a PC. I've run into countless issues and whatnot. Always seem to crash right before you've beat a boss or want to save.

I did once save over a 140+ hour FFVII save. I was super pissed.

Articles
    Blog Entries

UGH. FFXII's stupid, annoying, trouting treasure chest system.

Seriously. I spent hours trying to finally bloody get the ribbon from that chest in the Cerobi Steppe. That, and many other bloody chests.

GRAH!!!

EDIT: Oh wait, I do know something worse. Danjuro.

Once I accidentally saved over my GTA Vice City 100% save... about two hours after getting 100%. But hey, I was young and had plenty of time to do it all again.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can relate to Sephex's misfortunes in Super Mario Kart. I was hit by my friend when he had a star, I was then hit whilst stationary by a stray green shell, during which time my friend had happily picked up a red shell and was bearing down on me... I was not happy.

During a 100% speed run of Zelda: A Link to the Past I got a bit too penisy on the boss of the sixth dungeon in Dark World. I decided that switching items in order to use a red potion would take too much time... bad move.

Playing Super Dunk at the Golden Saucer in FFVII. Getting up to 150GP with one final shot to "Double up". Then dropping your shot short of the basket... the actual pain.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

50 hour FFVII saves (plural) getting deleted twice. Both with Golden Chocobo, KotR, ready to take on the North Crater. I had to play through the full game 3 times to beat it. Victory tasted sweet.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    Playing Super Dunk at the Golden Saucer in FFVII. Getting up to 150GP with one final shot to "Double up". Then dropping your shot short of the basket... the actual pain.
    I gave up with that awful, awful minigame.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> My Ps1 console crashed into pieces like 20 times..

I must have bought that console like 5 times, and repaired it like 15 times..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Accidentally overwriting a 150 hour FF12 save... desperately trying to turn the ps2 off so it doesnt happen, and end up corrupting 2 save files in the process.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Formalhaut View Post
    I gave up with that. I was awful, awful at this minigame.
    Fixed for you.