Thread: if edgar won the coin toss...

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Default if edgar won the coin toss...

Interesting thought. What do you think would have happened to the Kingdom of Figaro and more importantly, Sabin and Edgar?

I'd figure Sabin would continue his martial arts training and pass it down to the military, kinda like Fabul in FFIV. I doubt they'd be on good terms with the Empire, as Sabin was a lot more vocal about his dislike of them during the flashback scene. Conversely, I picture Edgar just trolling for opera floozies all day in Jidoor and having a house littered with crazy inventions.

What do y'all think?

Articles

Honestly, I think Sabin would have ended up leaving even if Edgar had won the coin toss. He was sick of the kingdom, the empire, and politics. Someone else would have had to take the crown, which I dont think would have bothered Sabin much, since his initial plan was to run away with Edgar anyway. Either that, or Edgar would have stuck around/came back.

If your question is more along the lines of, what if their roles were truly reversed, I see Edgar being a traveling ladies man, making inventions all over the world. Sabin probably would have never became strong and never learned martial arts. He didn't meet Duncan until AFTER he left the kingdom. He would have just ruled Figaro while having a secret allegiance to the Returners. I don't know if he would have been able to keep a front for the Empire like Edgar tries to though. He seemed to be more angry about what happened to their father.
    You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?

He couldn't. The coin was doubled-sided remember ? Edgar wanted to sacrifice his freedom because he loved his brother and he wanted to give freedom to him instead of to him.

But I picture them living somewhere a poorer and far away from the Empire and just trying to live a normal life. Sabin wouldn't have his muscles and Edgar would be less of a flirt because I really believe that the reason why Edgar was so flirty was because of escapism and boredom.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I think Figaro would be much less prosperous under Sabins well intentionned but less capable rule. It would have certainly been destroyed by the empire as I believe it was said that the underground castle machinery was the brainchild of Edgar.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Quote Originally Posted by maybee View Post
    He couldn't. The coin was doubled-sided remember ? Edgar wanted to sacrifice his freedom because he loved his brother and he wanted to give freedom to him instead of to him.
    Exactly. /endthread

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Or we just rephrase the thread what if Sabin had become the king of Figaro instead of Edgar....

You are right about the true implications of the coin toss, in a completely mirthless and borring way.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    You are right about the true implications of the coin toss, in a completely mirthless and borring way.
    Right in the feels...

How much speculating do I do about life choices today?

I'd agree/go the route that Sabin joins the military in Figaro. Becomes the highest ranking commander.
    http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Terra..................Fight
    LV99...................Morph
    HP9999................All Magic
    MP999.................Item

Vigor 45................R-Hand: Illumina
    Speed 90..............L-Hand: Genji Shield
    Stamina 40...........Helmet: Oath Veil
    Magic Pwr 110......Armor: Minerva
    Bat Pwr 255
    Defense 216.........Relic: Ribbon
    Evade 75