Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The meaning behind your username

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I used to be Æ¿æƒ2 (with or without the 2) because I just discovered alt codes at that time and wanted to make myself a name using them.

NorthernChaosGod came about because I was really into black metal at the time and the band Immortal inspired it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    I used to be Æ¿æƒ2 (with or without the 2) because I just discovered alt codes at that time and wanted to make myself a name using them.

NorthernChaosGod came about because I was really into black metal at the time and the band Immortal inspired it.
    >NorthernChaosGod
    >Lives in Southern California
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I briefly used an avatar and signature combo that featured Asuka kicking Shinji in the testicles as he fell on top of her. The name went along with the avatar/signature set and outlasted it.

Originally my name was Corncracker. I had the song 'Jimmy cracked corn, and I don't care' in my head at the time.

Eventually, I wanted a new name and pondered, and I thought 'Neo' tends to get tagged on to new things. And I kind of liked the Idea that the username would make me sound Racist, so NeoCracker it was!

There was also my Run as Uncle Big hands, which I adopted because it was hilarious to here my nephew refer to me as 'Creepy Uncle Big Hands'.

Blog Entries

There is no meaning behind it, I just wanted to sign up quickly at the time and picked the first thing that came to my head and added nuke since blackmage was (obviously) taken, also I wasnt aware this site allowed spacebars and I wasnt asthetics savy enough at the time to capitalise individual letters instead of splitting it with that stupid underscore. But I've had the name so long now i'd feel bad about changing it.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

WELL, it started when two friends and I drank wine that night and I got drunk, to the point where I somehow ended up sitting on the ground claiming I was horny. So one of them kicked me down the hall to my room, disgusted by me. The next day, we described this scene to my other friends, and he was like, "yeah, we were rolling her to her room like a katamari." I permanently became a katamari to my friends and therefore, my theme song was "Lonely Rolling Star" from the first Katamari Damacy game's soundtrack.

I use "Paper" because I'm into origami.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.

Blog Entries

Tigger (eccentric)
    MASH (because I needed something between Tig- and -fuzz)
    Fuzzy Lumpkins (because I'm a country bumpkin)

Face

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็༼ ຈل͜ຈ༽ส้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้้

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It was qwertyxsora. qwerty just because, and the xsora was from kingdom hearts.
    the during lucky eggs I became John Woo.
    the -saur replaced the xsora after that.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post

>NorthernChaosGod
    >Lives in Southern California
    Black metal does not come from SoCal.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was originally Demosthenes, which was derived from the alias of a character in my favorite book, and nobody could spell or say it correctly. It got shortened to Dem and Demo (which I kindof hated) and I decided that for the sake of the forum's literacy I had to change it. I changed it to the first thing that popped into my head, which was people generally commenting on how short I was. I wasn't that short, but most people still seemed taller than me).

In the past few years I've kindof wanted to go back to Demosthenes, but I've been Shorty for far longer and it would probably feel weird to other people if I changed my name this late in the game.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Originally I was Lekana. I was a total japanophile when I was younger and i liked kana. I also have this thing for L's. Doesn't really work out when japanese can't pronounce L's well xD But I added Le and Kana together. She was my first WoW character at 14 and my online alias at like 13. Then I got bored of it.

I am now Freya because she's my favorite FF character. For me, she was the first strong female character that didn't have any sexual overtones attached in the FF series. As a young girl I identified with that, even if she was a rat person. I didn't care what race she was, but I cared what gender she was and how she acted. She may have been searching for her lost love but she was a badass who protected her country and her friends. and even when her love didn't remember her, she didn't stop her journey, she continued on for what was right. That was cool to me. As an impressionable young kid, I latched onto it. And so since she was my fav character and this is an FF site, welp!

Elsewhere online you'll see me as Oddly Otter. I like alliteration and Otters...

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm called Laddy because on this old-school RPG forum I went on everyone thought I was a girl. Finally, some newbie said I was a "sweet young lady" and I got fed up and added the d.

It suits me because I like to think I'm pretty easygoing and friendly most times, so it's appropriately peppy.

I didn't know whether I was going to stay or not so I picked " Maybee " as a extra twist on Maybe as in Maybe I'll stay here and Maybe I won't.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> This thread again? .

Too tired for this, go figure it out yourself..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

What is it with all the people saying "this thread again", we haven't had this thread for at least a year. Long enough to warrant a new one in my book

Back in 1998ish when I was 14 I did my first jaunts on the internet and the first places I went were Redwall fan forums ("message boards" back then; they were basically textboards). I invented a roleplay character for these: she was a silver hare named Pikestaff. I actually rarely did any serious roleplaying with her and her entire purpose was to troll the roleplayers. But you know.

Ever since then I have been Pike or Pikestaff. 15 years with that nickname and I now answer to it like I do my real name. Hell, people offline call me Pike. I love my nickname

(SPOILER)I did have a brief stint where I was naming myself after Invader Zim characters and I'm glad that ended quickly