Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy Tactics: The War Of The Lions Comes To Android

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

You're asking the wrong question. The correct question is: "When does this release?" The answer to your not-stated question is: "No one knows!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    If there's any genre that would be cool on touch screens
    There isn't.

I'll take buttons any day. Hasn't Square ruined enough games porting them to touchscreen systems?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Sadly, I think you're right. I've never played a game on my smartphone that was more compelling than checking my twitter feed.

I do think Nintendo made a strong case for stylus-based touchscreen games, at least they convinced me.

Sooo chaos rings 2 launched and so this should launch shortly after. The first two are on sale for under $4.50 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    Sadly, I think you're right. I've never played a game on my smartphone that was more compelling than checking my twitter feed.

I do think Nintendo made a strong case for stylus-based touchscreen games, at least they convinced me.
    Nintendo did a good job of incorporating a touchscreen as a control. I can't think of any good DS game that functions purely with the touchscreen (though feel free to correct me).

For certain things, it can work well, as a tertiary control system. An augment to buttons, never a replacement.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

I mean, I think you're letting Bias enter in. There are a LOT of brilliant touch screen games and remakes that work great with the touch screen. FF3 on Android is awesome. And the Chaos Rings series works SUPER well with touch screen on a phone. I think you're just doing it wrong. :-P

Haven't played FF3, but I've played the newly released FF dimensions. And Secret of Mana. And both are killed by horrible controls. Even moving around the world map is far more of a pain in the butt than it should be. Let alone actually trying to select precision commands from a menu in the heart of battle.

So, double posting because I am...

The update was released for iOS. Anyone have any "insider" information about an android release? I'm chomping at the bit here. OKAAAAY

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I don't think I would ever bother getting this for my phone, as games on my phone are more for brief spurts of entertainment as-needed. But if I ever get around to getting a tablet (I'm sure it will happen eventually), I'll probably have to pick this up. At least, assuming it does actually get released for Android.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

So no one knows when this comes out?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I have no idea. I'm very annoyed that it's not released, because I don't want to buy any iOS product, and I just bought the Nexus 7 FHD and want to play this on here.

Wasn't FF versus slated for a 2009 release originally? Expect to see this in 2017...

This waiting is ridiculous. We're going to see FFVI's revamp before FFT:WotL

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Default Onion Knight Accessories?

Hope I haven't revived a dead thread.

I've been looking at this at the App Store, but the reviews mention no multiplayer mode. So is there any way to get accesories like the Onion Knight equipment in this version?