Thread: i've never been killed by the demon wall

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Default i've never been killed by the demon wall

What bosses do you never have any semblance of difficulty taking down?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I don't really remember. I also dunno which bosses are even supposed to be hard. I can't say any storyline boss has buttsmurfed me in the last... 15 years, in final fantasy games. When I was like 14, I had never played FF7 before or any other FF game and I was visiting a friend who had a PS1 and he was stuck at the turks. I spent like 10 minutes rearranging materia and trout and tried beating them. Lost the first time, did some more materia management and a different strategy then destroyed them on my second try. Maybe I'm just a natural.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

In just FFIV? Probably the CPU boss in the DS version, never gave me as much trouble as Lugae or Golbez. In the original, its hard to say cause it was one of my first RPGs so I'm sure I got nailed pretty hard even in the lobotomized U.S. version of the game.

In the series as a whole, I'll never understand why people have issues with Yunalesca or Seymour on Mt. Gagazet, the game's mechanics makes it too easy to exploit abilities to make every boss battle a joke.

The bosses in XIII are also pretty easy, though I guess if you're aiming for that five star rating you might find some of them challenging in that regard but I could care less about pointless artificial difficulty like that.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

Just FFIV, yes. Feel free to re-use the topic for other discussion forums though!
    Last edited by Jowy; 02-18-2013 at 10:17 PM. Reason: conversely, you could move it to gen FF and go with it that way too, whatever!

Edge's parents.

This is a difficult question. There are so many that are a cake walk in the original version. I could probably beat them with my eyes closed. But the DS version is a totally different beast. Even the Mist Dragon can kill me if I get to reckless.

Garuda on FF III NES, maybe I am just lucky.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Demon Wall. All the Demon walls.

Articles

I wish I could answer this honestly, but I've beaten IV so many times that none of the bosses REALLY give me trouble. I don't remember who gave me trouble during my first playthroughs, they were WAY too long ago. I've also never played the DS version that everyone says is hard.

Not gonna lie though, Dark Bahamut always has me struggling. Him and Zeromus if I get unlucky.
    Last edited by DownDiagonalLeftA; 02-20-2013 at 05:55 PM.
    You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?

Neither have I from what I recall, or maybe once but no more. People say the Demon Wall is always hard, but I can't agree. The one in FF7 is really tough, and the optional one in FF12 is ludicrous. The one in this game though? Hardly a problem.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by TreasonWall View Post
    Neither have I from what I recall, or maybe once but no more. People say the Demon Wall is always hard, but I can't agree. The one in FF7 is really tough, and the optional one in FF12 is ludicrous. The one in this game though? Hardly a problem.
    It wasn't until after I spent two weeks on the Demon Wall in FFXII (including all of the leveling up, trying again, leveling up, trying again) and finally beat it, that I found out you didn't have to kill it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TreasonWall View Post
    It wasn't until after I spent two weeks on the Demon Wall in FFXII (including all of the leveling up, trying again, leveling up, trying again) and finally beat it, that I found out you didn't have to kill it.
    Funny because the dialogue makes it pretty clear you have a choice in the matter. Though you do have to fight the second one that comes immediately after, but that one isn't nearly as bad. Ehh, sorry that nothing in this post has to do with FF4.

Mist Dragon, the Baron Guards, Octomammoth (well, except for Rydia dying), Scarmiglione's first form, Cagnazzo, Dark Elf's first form, Barbarrica (since I never got a Game Over facing her), Golbez (the very first time I barely defeated him though, since only Cecil was alive), Dr. Lugae (both forms), Leviathan, Demon Wall (I've never gotten a Game Over facing him), The Combined Elemental Lords, the CPU (first time it took a while figuring out how to beat him), the White Dragon, Lunasaurs, Dark Bahamut (I've never gotten a Game Over facing him, but it came close at times with over half my team dead), and that's all I can recall.