Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I had a crush on you in high school...

Default I had a crush on you in high school...

This is such an aggravating sentence. I can't stand those reunion shows with this as a theme. Either you told your crush when you had the chance (usually in high school) and were rejected which means you should realize they're not worth it... or you didn't have the guts to confess which means you're in no place to rub their face in it if you suddenly consider yourself desirable.

Rarely is it the case that these reunions are about wanting something more than to flaunt and taunt. There are plenty of people in the world who have had crushes, but there are plenty of people who have not been crushed on. I wouldn't have as much of a problem with these shows if the person with the crush had crushed on someone who wasn't the typical popular beautiful perfect person. You know? Someone who can be delightfully surprised by the reveal.

What do you think?

Also, did you ever reveal your feelings to your crush or have a crush revealed to you?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

From my experience, usually when people say that, they're opening a door to something more.

"Hey, I had a crush on you/thought you were cute in high school," a lot of the time means, "I still have a crush on you and/or I think you are cute."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Been in this situation before. I graduated High School in 2000. Back in the summer of 2006, a woman and I reconnected through MySpace (shut up). We quickly decided to meet up. So one day I blew off work and went to her folks house where she was home alone.

No, this story doesn't go where one might think it does. We basically acknowledged that we had a crush on each other in High School (the only vindication I felt was shoving that fact in my friend's face that seemed to be convinced that there was no chemistry between us for some random reason). It was a good talk, though. I realized that I basically saved myself a lot of time and teen heart ache because there was NO WAY anything good would have came out of us dating, besides some awkward High School sex.

In fact, that's something that I actually like about social networking. There have been other instances where I have seen what an old crush or passing interested turned out to be like and my thoughts usual go like, "Well, yeah, good thing that never went anywhere." As a result, I now never really think about the past from this type of angle of "what could have been." It just simply was.

TL;DR Met up with an old crush and learned nothing would have come from dating anyway. Came to the same conclusion after seeing other old crushes on social networking sites. Haven't cared about this stuff for years. Past is the past, etc.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    From my experience, usually when people say that, they're opening a door to something more.

"Hey, I had a crush on you/thought you were cute in high school," a lot of the time means, "I still have a crush on you and/or I think you are cute."
    Yeah, this. Go with it.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post

Exactly. It just means available box.
    You think a minor thing like the end of the world was gonna do me in?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

People annoyingly reveal their crush on me when I'm not single. Where were you when I was single?!

I never reveal my crushes to my crushes directly, but they some how always find out.

FFXIV Character

Sealth Greenwood (Sargatanas)

all the little goth-girls had a thing for me and weren't shy about it. i only outright told one girl I had a thing for her, the rest of adolescence was spent with pretty much the same lady.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've told several people from high school and jr. high that I had crushes on them. By the time I told them, though, I was years and hundreds of miles gone and I just really kindof wanted to get it off my chest and to see if they had felt the same for a moment's vindication after pining for them for years. Mostly it was reciprocated, and I could close that book. I'm pretty sure that any/all of them would not have made good dating material after high school, anyway.

A couple of people (not my own crushes, to my dismay) have told me they had crushes on me when I've gone back to Utah to visit and I was super surprised because I didn't think anyone liked me in high school.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I've told several people from high school and jr. high that I had crushes on them. By the time I told them, though, I was years and hundreds of miles gone and I just really kindof wanted to get it off my chest and to see if they had felt the same for a moment's vindication after pining for them for years. Mostly it was reciprocated, and I could close that book. I'm pretty sure that any/all of them would not have made good dating material after high school, anyway.

A couple of people (not my own crushes, to my dismay) have told me they had crushes on me when I've gone back to Utah to visit and I was super surprised because I didn't think anyone liked me in high school.
    This.

There was always this one guy at school I really liked, and I once found out he thought I was the prettiest girl in our year. But I never did anything, I was painfully, painfully shy and would never have approached him. He's not my type anymore, although there is always that "What if I'd just said something to him?" I get every now and again, but I always feel like that about school, now that I'm more confident - I always think about how different my school experience would have been if I'd just spoken up sometimes.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I don't understand how these women are afraid to approach a man. Most men wouldn't turn down a halfway decent girl, hell I know thugs will smurf anything.

The same can't be said for the reverse.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    MySpace

I always had women tell me they had crushes on me while I was in relationships at the time and unable/unwilling to do anything about it. When it rains it pours but never when it's convenient amiright?
    On the other side of that I've usually been forthright about my feelings with the opposite sex, except of course when they were in other relationships seeing as that was ethically wrong and exceedingly unfair to their significant other.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Unbreakable Will View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    MySpace

I always had women tell me they had crushes on me while I was in relationships at the time and unable/unwilling to do anything about it. When it rains it pours but never when it's convenient amiright?
    On the other side of that I've usually been forthright about my feelings with the opposite sex, except of course when they were in other relationships seeing as that was ethically wrong and exceedingly unfair to their significant other.

Except that time he stole Nikki away from me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Dinner is served. Unbreakable Will's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Shoulda put a ring on it.

Because I'm one hell of a butler.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I totally have a crush on someone who has posted in this thread but I will never tell them.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Most times that I revealed I have a crush on someone don't end well for me. I must have terrible luck with that. So I try not to bother with them.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.