Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: In Defense of X-2

Blog Entries

She has certainly earned the right to be happy and if anyone in the world has a right to kick back, say they've done their bit for Spira and look after their own interests: she does.

Though I still preferred the Yuna who always put literally everyone else before herself. It's completely unreasonable, but hey, it's a fantasy, people can be perfect in fantasy

Didn't put me off the game though.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

There's a difference between kicking back, and turning into a total smurfing idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Blog Entries

That's because she (and Rikku) had a bump on the head and ended up back at level 1

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    That's because she (and Rikku) had a bump on the head and ended up back at level 1
    Yeah I never quite got that either. She went from beating Sin and Yu Yevon, to consistently being the LATEST to level up to 99.

Still, she looks smoking with those gunkata skills though.

Blog Entries

Yeah the lady who defeated Sin, getting her arse handed to her by a coyote. You've got to laugh.

well if Samus can lose her powerups at the beginning of every Metroid game ever for the sake of gameplay i don't see why Yuna should be exempt... the game would have been dreadfully dull had she started the game at lvl.99, not to mention way too easy, its easy enough as is...

Blog Entries

Yeah I understand the reasoning. It's just an amusing scenario. If it was explained like "she lost her skills and power when the Aeons left" or "ever since Sin fell its pyrefly energy got everywhere and now the fiends are much stronger" and you can level up to 199 or something, maybe that would've made sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    There's a difference between kicking back, and turning into a total smurfing idiot.
    I agree. It just seems highly unlikely that someone would change so drastically. I know it's Final Fantasy, but still -- the level-headed, quiet girl (who underneath all the stress seemed pretty happy anyway), is suddenly a carefree, happy-go-lucky girl? It seems ridiculous.

X-2 was a nice way to restart and finish the story of X (I don't think X-2 was necessary by any means story-wise), but it's things like this annoyed me -- but none more so than the convoluted story when they tried to connect the Lenne-Shuyn story to the Yuna-Tidus story. I still don't think I fully understand how they are related.
    Pray to Yu Yevon. Dream, fayth. Forever and ever, grant us prosperity.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

FFX: Burdened by an incredibly daunting task. Owning of considerable cares, such as the fate of the entire world.
    FFX-2: No longer carrying the lives of all humankind on her shoulders.

I'd say she's pretty justifiably carefree. In fact, this is the only scenario in which a character is allowed to rapidly transition from driven to relaxed. xD

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulance View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    I agree. It just seems highly unlikely that someone would change so drastically. I know it's Final Fantasy, but still -- the level-headed, quiet girl (who underneath all the stress seemed pretty happy anyway), is suddenly a carefree, happy-go-lucky girl? It seems ridiculous.

X-2 was a nice way to restart and finish the story of X (I don't think X-2 was necessary by any means story-wise), but it's things like this annoyed me -- but none more so than the convoluted story when they tried to connect the Lenne-Shuyn story to the Yuna-Tidus story. I still don't think I fully understand how they are related.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinter Wonderland View Post
    FFX: Burdened by an incredibly daunting task. Owning of considerable cares, such as the fate of the entire world.
    FFX-2: No longer carrying the lives of all humankind on her shoulders.

I'd say she's pretty justifiably carefree. In fact, this is the only scenario in which a character is allowed to rapidly transition from driven to relaxed. xD

I think you guys are kind of missing the point. It's not that Yuna as a character was suddenly "happy and carefree." It's that the intelligent side of her totally disappeared when in FFX-2. It's not even the same character. And the changes she went through didn't come from just a lack of stress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

i say let her have her second childhood, she didn't get a chance at a first one... its fairly common for kids that had to grow up too fast to suddenly regress to acting like a teenager at some point in their adult years... after the events of FFX i'm not surprised at all that she'd wanna have a shot at having some fun very much like a teen, after all she missed her "normal teen" experience in preparing to sacrifice herself for Spira... seems like normal progression to me, and shes still in her 20's, live it up Yuna!..

I don't see any noticeable decrease in intelligence from X to X-2. She wasn't a super genius in X. If anything, it could just be the fact she's less reserved and speaks more openly in this game.
    Really, thinking on it, I can't recall any "massively stupid" thing she did in X-2.

Now Rikku...yeah, she totally did too much coke between games.

Paine was cool though. Makes me think of a hybrid Squall and Lulu. Her history with the Crimson Squad was also interesting.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Let's just say I would never have wore a yellow bikini and trek a snow mountain if X-2 had not shown me the way.