Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Obviously I like my sobriquet, "Bleys Jackson Maynard" or I wouldn't have chosen it.

I used to dislike my real name (Marcus Scott Huculak) because a) when I was growing up I went by "Mark" and people would bark it like a swear word, and b) Nobody ever spells my last name right, and occasionally slip an "x" in there for no reason, but I'm a bit more indifferent now that I've started going by Marcus and learned the correct, Ukrainian pronunciation of my last name.

As of this point, I usually introduce myself as Bleys online and Marcus face-to-face, but I'll respond to either readily enough online. If someone I didn't meet online were to call me Bleys face-to-face I'd probably have them committed to an institution for the criminally insane. Especially if they pronounce it wrong (It rhymes with face, not phase)

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    Especially if they pronounce it wrong (It rhymes with face, not phase)
    In my head, it's always rhymed closer to phase. I shall correct myself from now on.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

My full name is Ashton Marie Bourbonnais and I do not like it at all. Ashton is a boy's name and I have never met a non French person who could properly pronounce my last name. Then I get asked to repeat it four million times as if that will suddenly make them be able to pronounce it properly. Maybe if they practice french pronunciation a bit more first. Even for those who can pronounce it, I don't like it. It's too long.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bur bon ay.

My name is great.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, Megan.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, Bur bon ay!

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I guess that could be considered the correct pronunciation if you intend to pronounce it incorrectly.

In other words, no.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Boor-bon-eh
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Closer. If I get bored enough I'll make a voice message of me pronouncing it.

i don't know what you're all reading, it's definitely pronounced "ash ton"

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Boor-bun-eh?

Also, Bleys--Raistlin pronounces your username "Bleez," the weirdo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Ber-boh-nes. Or Ber-bou-nis.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I like my name, although I will forever have to deal with people incorrectly pronouncing my last name, unless I move to Italy.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'll vocaroo it tomorrow when I have access to my boyfriend's laptop. Mine appears to not have a microphone.

German

I don't like saying my full name if I'm not mentioning middle name. Too many s sounds in a row. I sometimes wish I could go by my middle name but when people ask me my name, I tell them my first name but never tell them to use my middle name. I sometimes don't like my nickname because it's my dad's and it's "Average" in every meaning of the word. I allow a lot of people to use it though.

I like a lot of names: Ashley, Andrew, Alexander, Aurora, Ace, Aidan, Alan(a), Astrid, Adal(ia), Alphonse, Anastasia, Armind, Anton, Aqua, Archer, Arthur, Argo, Artemis, Arizona, Blaine, Brian, Brandon, Brady, Beverly, Balthier, Benjamin, Charles, Cadence, Carmine, Cheryl, Canon, Capri, Carter, Catherine, Christopher, Calvin, Davis, Drake, Dorothea, Daniel(le), Drusila, Deanna/Diana, Demeter, Dylan, Durant, Edward, Edmond, Edwin, Ezekiel, Ekhardt, Elizabeth, Elder, Eureka, Ferdinand, Fremont, Fakhir, Falco(n), Gavael, Gabriel, Galadriel, Galahad, Garrick, Garland, Gyrich, Hannibal, Harvard, Harleigh, Jacob, Jeremiah, Jason, Jean(ne), Jasmine, Kevin, Kellan, Kimber(ly), Kenneth, Laremy, Laurel/Lauren, Lance, Longinus, Lamont, Lysander, Luther, Lucifer, Maximilian, Mackwell, Machiavel, Michael, Mason, Madeline, Marguerite, Malcolm, Melanie, Millicent, Maleficent, Marion, Mycroft, Nathan(iel), Natasha, Oscar, Octavius, Oliver, Ophelia, Orion, Orlando, Oswald, Percival, Persephone, Penelope, Parker, Philip, Phoebe, Priscila, Quincy, Rachael, Raphael, Raven, Rebecca, Reid, Reginald, Richard, River, Robin, Roger, Roland, Roman, Romeo, Ryker, Sebastian, Sakura, Sasuke, Salvador, Samantha, Samuel, Savannah, Sawyer, Scarlet, Sequoia, Sergio, Serenity, Shannon, Sheridan, Sienna, Sidney, Simon, Sophia, Solomon, Sonja, Stephan, Sylvester, Tabatha, Talia, Tanya, Theodore, Terence, Theresa, Thaddeus, Tiphana, Thomas, Trevor, Tristan, Ulric, Ullyses, Uriel, Valerie, Vanessa, Vaughn, Veronica, Vincent, Victor(ia), Violet(ta), Vivian, Wallace, Wilhemina, Winnifred, Winona, Xavier, Xenobia, Yasmin, Yvette, Zechariah, Zephaniah, Zoe

I had come up with a number of names for my children for when I have them: Joseph, Zackary, Edward, Cody, Martin, Zenith, Darwin, Kayne, Jayne, Raemont, Bartholomew, Warren, Marie, Alana, Cassanda, Leora, Mikaela, Michael, Sawyer, Adal, Cassidus, Cassidy, James, Balthier, Barteil, Taryn, Tyler, Cypher, Alekz, Adolf
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.