Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk About Names

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sarah McKenzie Cobb. I've been told by more than one person that my name is "mormon as trout" - I guess McKenzie is a pretty popular name for mormons, but I pretend to chalk it up to my Scottish side (which is how my father chose it).

I wanted to change my name when I was little but I've grown to like it. I've always thought that it's so incredibly plain but I think my personality fits best as a Sarah and I don't think I'd change it if given the chance.

I've always wanted to name a daughter of mine Valentine but babe has vetoed that name. We came up with Averie Michele and Valerie Noelle for daughter's names. Any sons that we have are going right back where they came from and thus we do not have to worry about naming them.

I also like Mackenzie
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You have spelled that name wrong in not one way, but two.

Any sons that we have are going right back where they came from and thus we do not have to worry about naming them.
    Doctors do not recommend shoving large objects into the vagina without easing your way into it first.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    I've always wanted to name a daughter of mine Valentine but babe has vetoed that name.
    Thank God you've not quite overrun him with your hipster nonsense completely.

My name is Huxley Vannevar Hobbes and it is the best name anyone has ever had

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's not hipster nonsense, you ass, I've liked that name since I picked up Ender's Game fourteen years ago.

Articles
    Blog Entries

If I had daughter, there names would be Oscelia and Auclaire. If they are sons, Eliot and Brennan.

I like pretentious names.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa's Boobs View Post
    Boor-bun-eh?

Also, Bleys--Raistlin pronounces your username "Bleez," the weirdo.
    As a general rule, anything WesLY does is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Mercen-X View Post
    German

I don't like saying my full name if I'm not mentioning middle name. Too many s sounds in a row. I sometimes wish I could go by my middle name but when people ask me my name, I tell them my first name but never tell them to use my middle name. I sometimes don't like my nickname because it's my dad's and it's "Average" in every meaning of the word. I allow a lot of people to use it though.

I like a lot of names: Ashley, Andrew, Alexander, Aurora, Ace, Aidan, Alan(a), Astrid, Adal(ia), Alphonse, Anastasia, Armind, Anton, Aqua, Archer, Arthur, Argo, Artemis, Arizona, Blaine, Brian, Brandon, Brady, Beverly, Balthier, Benjamin, Charles, Cadence, Carmine, Cheryl, Canon, Capri, Carter, Catherine, Christopher, Calvin, Davis, Drake, Dorothea, Daniel(le), Drusila, Deanna/Diana, Demeter, Dylan, Durant, Edward, Edmond, Edwin, Ezekiel, Ekhardt, Elizabeth, Elder, Eureka, Ferdinand, Fremont, Fakhir, Falco(n), Gavael, Gabriel, Galadriel, Galahad, Garrick, Garland, Gyrich, Hannibal, Harvard, Harleigh, Jacob, Jeremiah, Jason, Jean(ne), Jasmine, Kevin, Kellan, Kimber(ly), Kenneth, Laremy, Laurel/Lauren, Lance, Longinus, Lamont, Lysander, Luther, Lucifer, Maximilian, Mackwell, Machiavel, Michael, Mason, Madeline, Marguerite, Malcolm, Melanie, Millicent, Maleficent, Marion, Mycroft, Nathan(iel), Natasha, Oscar, Octavius, Oliver, Ophelia, Orion, Orlando, Oswald, Percival, Persephone, Penelope, Parker, Philip, Phoebe, Priscila, Quincy, Rachael, Raphael, Raven, Rebecca, Reid, Reginald, Richard, River, Robin, Roger, Roland, Roman, Romeo, Ryker, Sebastian, Sakura, Sasuke, Salvador, Samantha, Samuel, Savannah, Sawyer, Scarlet, Sequoia, Sergio, Serenity, Shannon, Sheridan, Sienna, Sidney, Simon, Sophia, Solomon, Sonja, Stephan, Sylvester, Tabatha, Talia, Tanya, Theodore, Terence, Theresa, Thaddeus, Tiphana, Thomas, Trevor, Tristan, Ulric, Ullyses, Uriel, Valerie, Vanessa, Vaughn, Veronica, Vincent, Victor(ia), Violet(ta), Vivian, Wallace, Wilhemina, Winnifred, Winona, Xavier, Xenobia, Yasmin, Yvette, Zechariah, Zephaniah, Zoe

I had come up with a number of names for my children for when I have them: Joseph, Zackary, Edward, Cody, Martin, Zenith, Darwin, Kayne, Jayne, Raemont, Bartholomew, Warren, Marie, Alana, Cassanda, Leora, Mikaela, Michael, Sawyer, Adal, Cassidus, Cassidy, James, Balthier, Barteil, Taryn, Tyler, Cypher, Alekz, Adolf
    Adolf, really?

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Sarah McKenzie Cobb. I've been told by more than one person that my name is "mormon as trout" - I guess McKenzie is a pretty popular name for mormons, but I pretend to chalk it up to my Scottish side (which is how my father chose it).

I wanted to change my name when I was little but I've grown to like it. I've always thought that it's so incredibly plain but I think my personality fits best as a Sarah and I don't think I'd change it if given the chance.

I've always wanted to name a daughter of mine Valentine but babe has vetoed that name. We came up with Averie Michele and Valerie Noelle for daughter's names. Any sons that we have are going right back where they came from and thus we do not have to worry about naming them.
    Valentine is a man's name.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

So is Avery but I changed it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by I'm my own MILF View Post

My name is Huxley Vannevar Hobbes and it is the best name anyone has ever had
    That doesn't count, you chose it, Kiir

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You chose your own name?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was legally changed

EDIT: I use the passive voice to show how gentle I'll be

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Awesome!

What was it before?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's a secret to everyone

Unless of course I already answered that

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Start downing more White Russians so you can tell us!