Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What classes/jobs would you like to see?

Default What classes/jobs would you like to see?

What classes/jobs do you hope they introduce in the future?

I would really love a Beastmaster class. I do love pet classes in MMO's, and I know they have Summoner coming out but I love the idea of taming beasts. I'd be cool if you could utilize the personal stables in your housing to keep a few favorite pets.

Otherwise I'd be interested in a thief, ninja, and samurai class.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Thief, definitely. It's probably the most needed class out there when you consider what we already have.

Red Mage, sure.

Beastmaster, sure. I'd also be very interested in some kind of pet-capturing (shephard-esque) gatherer, since minions are now in the game. I think it would be pretty cool if a shephard style gatherer had to capture monsters before the Beastmaster makes use of them. But I suppose merging that so that Beastmaster just does the whole thing would work, too.

Samurai and Ninja I find kind of boring, but I suppose they can go in, too. I just fail to see how they are very different gameplay-wise to what we already have. I know ninja focuses on high evasion, but personally I don't like them because I'm very much in love with being a meat tank, and if evasion tanks are better than meat tanks then I won't be happy. The idea of a Ninja Roegadyn playing the evasion tank role just sounds absurd. xD

I'd love for there to be some kind of Mystic Knight or whatever, a mage-warrior that, unlike Dark Knight, focuses on weapon-enchanting. Sort of like a Buffer-DD, I suppose, but in a different way to Bard.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Ninja I find kind of boring, but I suppose they can go in, too. I just fail to see how they are very different gameplay-wise to what we already have. I know ninja focuses on high evasion, but personally I don't like them because I'm very much in love with being a meat tank, and if evasion tanks are better than meat tanks then I won't be happy. The idea of a Ninja Roegadyn playing the evasion tank role just sounds absurd. xD
    I think Ninja would be better if it weren't a tank - leave that to Warrior and Paladin. Using Ninja magic, whilst also being high in evasion, they could be quite a sneaky burst damage class along with different kinds of poison attacks (dot on HP, MP and TP for example).

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Yeah, ninja as a tank was never SE's intention in FFXI. The reason it got used so much in that manner is because when the job was first released, utsusemi: ichi was completely broken in that when a ninja evaded damage at the expense of a shadow, no enmity was depleted. By the time they changed this so that enmity decreased even when a shadow was consumed, ninja tanks were already commonplace. If, from the beginning, ninjas had to fight to maintain hate, I doubt we would have ever seen ninjas emerge as tanks, and they would have instead become a frontline melee/debuff/elemental damage class.

Ultimately, I'd like a structure something like this (as I've mentioned elsewhere):

Marauder: Warrior, ???
    Gladiator: Paladin, Dark Knight
    Lancer: Dragoon, ???
    Pugilist: Monk, Puppetmaster
    Archer: Bard, Ranger
    Thaumaturge: Black Mage, Red Mage
    Conjurer: White Mage, Geomancer
    Arcanist: Summoner, Scholar
    Ronin: Ninja, Samurai
    Musketeer: Corsair, Thief

I also think a base class that specs to either beastmaster or blue mage would be pretty cool insofar as for one job you learn the abilities of other monsters but on the other path you learn an ability to tame monsters.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Musketeer - Thief? So Thieves use guns? Nooo! Dagger ftw.

Scout - Thief / ???

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

I'm not convinced that second jobs would require the same weapon as their class counterpart, but yeah, musketeer to thief isn't perfect. I originally had it as scout to thief/??? as well.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I wonder if we'll ever see a Blue Mage. They were one of the most versatile and awesome classes in V, but I have no idea if they would work in a MMO.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Blue mage is currently the best solo-class in FFXI, and they have a number of other uses as well. They were done very well there, I don't see why they wouldn't also be awesome in FFXIV.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I can see something like this happening someday...

Shephard: Blue Mage / Beastmaster

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

If I remember correctly, shepherd was in the .dats as a new disciple of the land class.

It would certainly be interesting if it was a job that could interact with non-aggressive animals (such as the sheep outside of Limsa) to sheer them and get their wool and stuff like that.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, I just couldn't think of what else would fit in with Blue Mage and Beastmaster without getting summons involved.

EDIT: On a sidenote, check out this thing I put together before jobs were even announced. Not a bad prediction of how things went down, really.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Bluuuuuuuue Maaaaaage!

How do the pet classes in this game work?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Nobody has used a pet class yet. Arcanist - available at launch - will be the first one.

FFXIV Character

Nibb Omniseer (Leviathan)

Another vote for Blue Mage. Love the concept of learning skills from your enemies.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I would like to see new job classes like Scholar and Rune Fencer or Rune Knight. My favorite job class from the Final Fantasy series is something like the Oracle from Final Fantasy V. I doubt that I would see something like that in this game, but you never know.
    I believe in the power of humanity.