Thread: Midgar in Minecraft v2.0

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default Midgar in Minecraft v2.0

So lately I've been on this Minecraft kick. It's almost all I play anymore! As a result I've come to really enjoy checking out other people's builds. Builds like this:

(SPOILER)

Yes, that's the Shinra building.

But it doesn't stop there, oh no! It seems this Minecrafter is attempting to recreate the entirety of Midgar. Granted, it is only at 1/3 scale, but the amount of detail put into this build is extraordinary! Just check out these screenshots.

(SPOILER)

(SPOILER)

(SPOILER)

(SPOILER)

You can see more of his progress here: The City of Midgar (Sector 7 complete!) - Minecraft Forum

And I suppose while we're on the topic, it wouldn't hurt to toss this build into the fray.

(SPOILER)

That is a to scale, fully explorable Midgar done by a group of builders from a site called Aegis-Gaming. In a post on reddit one of the builders commented that they are hoping to do a complete world build from Final Fantasy VII. I can't even imagine how much time was put into this, or how much more will be. I guess Qui-Gon Jinn was right, there's always a bigger fish fan.

That is impressive.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

I don't think I could put the time and patience into something like that. xD

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

That is smurfing broken.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Now a band of Creepers will form in protest of this creation and come up with a plan to meticulously bomb each reactor, one by one.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm hoping they'll do the right thing and create a texture pack where all ocelots look like Red XIII.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Cim View Post
    I don't think I could put the time and patience into something like that. xD
    Ditto, since I barely have enough patience to make a pick axe, just punch everything.

Daaannng this must have taken you forever to make. So much detail!

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Holy crap.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Meh. Too small. There's no way they would be able to detail the interior of the building and the various floors at that resolution.

Besides, it needs to be done with Legos. More fun. I was actually planning out a Lego Midgar, but it would be way too expensive.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.