Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's up with all the flashback hate?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaCoachZ View Post
    From my understanding, most people don't hate the scene itself on a first playthrough. They hate it on a replay because they know that part of the plot already, and yet they have to go through and actively play it. It is rather slow-paced.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeloZer0 View Post
    I think the flashback scene is great, but as others have mentioned it gets a bit dull the nth time through the game.
    This is exactly it for me too.

I think the flashback scene is great. Isn't it the first time you hear that scary-ass Sephiroth theme in the Nibelheim Mansion? That always gives me the jitters.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    Because the game forces you into random battles even though you do nothing in them, making them pointless, which is a boring waste of time.

Yes, it's one of the most important portions of the game later on, but it's executed poorly because it's just not very fun, or interesting if it's your first playthrough.
    This.

Basically, the game acts like it's giving you all of this freedom to do stuff, but you don't have it. They may as well make a flashback scene like any other from the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I though watching Sephiroth just own the monsters was cool the first time I played. And I probably only got into 2-3 fights, so it wasn't really that bad.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

simple answer... haters are gonna hate, they'll find any reason to hate, while those that love it actually get it and enjoy it...

honestly though i'd love to just once get a hit in on that big arsed dragon before Sephiroth One Hit Kills it... i swear i remember doing it on my first playthrough and have never been able to do it again...

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Haters are going to hate?

Everyone in this thread who doesn't like it gave a pretty good reasons. And it's not because we're too stupid to "get it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

wow, i never called anyone stupid, way to misread as usual... if you don't like that i have my own opinion just block me, really it's not that hard... here i'll make it easier, i'll block you first, so i don't have to see anymore of your hateful troll posts, no more feed for you, begone troll, you can't have the satisfaction of getting under my skin...

Quote Originally Posted by Elly View Post
    I'd love to just once get a hit in on that dragon before Sephiroth One-Hit-Kills it... i swear i remember doing it on my first playthrough and have never been able to do it again...
    I had a few moments where I could attack the dragon. The moments I hate is when the dragon targets me first and I get killed. It's slightly made up for in the extremely rare moments when Sephiroth casts Revive. It makes me feel loved. Although usually after I'm revived, I get killed by that rapey dragon again.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

lol, ikr, at that time in the story they give the impression that Cloud was Sephy's biggest fanboy, 5 years ago... i'm almost surprised he didn't swoon upon revival...

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This thread is getting unnecessarily heated. Settle down, chillens.

Ya know, people always say Sephiroth oneshots the dragon but I don't remember that ever happening with me. I remember it specifically taking two shots.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I don't think I can ever remember it taking two shots.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it's partly because you're not gaining in gameplay terms. Narratively they're fine the first time through, but they are pretty long (Most notably the one in Kalm) and combine something you've already done a bunch of times with no progress for your characters, no new items or experience and stuff, and it ends up feeling like you're wasting time.

Kalm is literally the only part of the entire game I don't relish and look forward to.

Two shots. Even if Seph casts a big spell.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?

But you can get Tifa's panties!

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

The guff comes from not being able to keep them.