Thread: Years Later

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Years Later

So I finally want to get Tidus' ultimate weapon. I need to beat that friggin' chocobo mini game. >=(

THEY'RE CHEATERS

What's the best way to go about this? Walkthroughs don't seem to be helping.

FFXIV Character

Caedus Ulvein (Sargatanas)

You've just gotta go fast like Ricky Bobby!

If no one has answered this by Monday I'll have run through it and will try to see if I can remember how I did it.

This race must be won with a maximum time of "0:00". To succeed you need to dodge as many gulls (they stop you on your way which means you need more time anyway) as possible and collect as much ballons (they will reduce your finishing time) as you can. There is not too much advice you need here. It is all about being a bit lucky with the position of the ballons and training to ride your chocobo. This is a tricky one but practice and you can win.

Articles
    Blog Entries

• Take note of when and how much you have to swerve to the side to avoid the birds. Use very sharp turns.
    • Try to get as many of the 5 balloons in the beginning as you can.
    • Don't go too far out of your way to get balloons - this may force you to face additional birds which you definitely do not want.
    • The trainer is really annoying; try to get her out of the way first by either going ahead of her or deliberately steering your own birds into her. This will save you a lot of trouble coming both from her birds as well as her snatching away balloons.

That's basically all I can say. It's also, of course, a matter of practice. Once you've done it once or twice, you can usually do it any time after that.

And Sephiroth, just so you know, it's not sufficient to get 0:0:0. You actually have to get less. If you get exactly 0, she won't give you the sigil.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    And Sephiroth, just so you know, it's not sufficient to get 0:0:0. You actually have to get less. If you get exactly 0, she won't give you the sigil.
    I know that. But the timer does not show less. At least not in the EU Pal version.

I can't help you beat it, but here's a person's take on why it's so hard to do.

Legend of Drunken Chocobo, a final fantasy x fanfic | FanFiction
    Last edited by Sarisa; 07-04-2013 at 06:27 PM.

when a game cheats, you cheat back, use a codebreaker... i know that frustration of having Spiras most stupid Chocobo as your mount... i'll admit it i cheated, all these pro tips never worked for me... all the others are easy or just time consuming but, Baloon Race is beyond stupid hard...

Blog Entries

This game was so frustrating it caused me to throw down my controller and break it. Ugh.
    Era Vulgaris
    "My life's a chip in your pile. Ante up!" ~Setzer, FFVI

"Knights do it two-handed!" ~Drunkard, FFV

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    If you get exactly 0, she won't give you the sigil.
    I've beat it twice and both times I got 0:0:0, and she gave me the Sun Sigil both times. So...is my game broken?
    I like Kung-Fu.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Just keep trying. It's a combination of luck and technique. After your ten millionth try you'll have the technique down pretty well, you just gotta keep at it. Eventually you'll get it and you'll be like "that wasn't even hard to do" and whenever one of these threads come up you'll be like "yeah I did it, it's not hard you guys." And no, it's not hard like winning at a slot machine isn't hard because all you do is pull a lever.

Blog Entries

I can't even find the stupid trainer. I think she hauled off to go get drunk with the chocobos.

beesh.

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Try using the official guidebook, it has detailed instructions for most of the weapons.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen