Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think the modern day thing was kind of disappointing, in that I was expecting AC3 or 4 to be Desmond, free roaming in a city in the modern day. To me it had been building to that the entire series and we were getting glimpses of what might've been in the odd mission (such as that Brazil one) and then NO SORRY

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    I'm very interested to see where they take the present day story now without ruining the story by retconning. Maybe Desmond has a long lost brother?
    No need, we still have Desmond's dad. I feel that's why we suddenly went from Conner and Haytham to Haytham's old man. ^_^

Though part of me wish we could finally ditch the precursors and end of days stuff that is the "modern" era's story. It just gets more ridiculous with each game.
    They already said that we'll be playing "ourselves". The story is taking place in 2013 and the animus technology has improved to the point where anyone can delve into Desmond's memory (maybe his dna memory has been copied by abstergo?).

You're an employee of Abstergo Entertainment (subsidy of the Templar organization) and your still delving into Desmond's DNA.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    after revelations i find i have very little energy left for the franchise
    i can't even be arsed to look for deals on ac3

ac2 was amazing though
    That's about where I am. Like... AC3 looked cool, and all, but it looked like they took away a lot of what I really liked about AC2. And now there's another sequel, with a cool setting, but still. Massive sequel fatigue here, especially considering that nothing really seems to be happening with the plot.

Which is unfortunate. AC2 was an instant classic for me.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I think the modern day thing was kind of disappointing, in that I was expecting AC3 or 4 to be Desmond, free roaming in a city in the modern day. To me it had been building to that the entire series and we were getting glimpses of what might've been in the odd mission (such as that Brazil one) and then NO SORRY
    I'm not really bothered, I've actually been dreading a modern entry because for me, its the historical aspect that makes the games appealing and that would be lost in a modern setting. It never helped that I stopped caring about Desmond after the first game, so I'm one of the few AC fans who was not terribly bothered by ACIII's ending.

Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post

They already said that we'll be playing "ourselves". The story is taking place in 2013 and the animus technology has improved to the point where anyone can delve into Desmond's memory (maybe his dna memory has been copied by abstergo?).

You're an employee of Abstergo Entertainment (subsidy of the Templar organization) and your still delving into Desmond's DNA.
    That is... kind of lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by krissy View Post
    after revelations i find i have very little energy left for the franchise
    i can't even be arsed to look for deals on ac3

ac2 was amazing though
    That's about where I am. Like... AC3 looked cool, and all, but it looked like they took away a lot of what I really liked about AC2. And now there's another sequel, with a cool setting, but still. Massive sequel fatigue here, especially considering that nothing really seems to be happening with the plot.

Which is unfortunate. AC2 was an instant classic for me.
    I'm curious to know what you felt was missing or removed?

In hindsight, while AC3 didn't have the "Wow factor" of ACII, I must say that out of the whole series, ACIII is the one I keep feeling the need to go back to because their was so much stuff to do and it really had a good complex story, which was the one thing kind of lacking from ACII and Brotherhood imo.

To date, ACII, AC: Revelations, and ACIII are still my favorite entries in the series.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic
    This is how it was for me too. I was fully expecting to play as Desmond way more than I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nirojan View Post

That is... kind of lame.
    I don't know if you played the minigame at the end but after you finish it the mysterious voice says something about uploading his, who we can assume is Desmond, memories to "the cloud". Makes sense I guess, but I'm not super happy about it. It is pretty lame.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Like WK I really have no interest in Desmond or his story. I'm still only up to AC Revelations so maybe that will change, but Ezio is definitely more interesting than Desmond.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum