Page 14 of 53 FirstFirst ... 48910111213141516171819202434 ... LastLast

Thread: So how is everyone doing?

Microwaving canned bread TrollHunter's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So many people I don't/kindof recognize.
    I'm scared
    Someone hold me.
    Eyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeberto View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Bleys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    What was HPPH's username at EoFF?
    Pretty sure it was Happypeepeehead.
    Did he ever post here? I always remembered seeing him on the satellite boards.
    Just spoke to him, here's what he says:

Technically, I was only on EoFF for ONE brief period. When I registered Mighty Pirate Faris as a gag to Daryl
    I asked him about the Happypeepeehead nick:

Hmm, maybe back in the old easyboard days I may have posted but I think it was mostly Bleys. I did have a global account for that service
    I searched, and Mighty Pirate Faris is a "guest" with no account behind it now, and Happypeepeehead has his entry on the wiki, amusingly, but doesn't seem to have posts (might be from before the wipe long long (long) ago if he did post after the easyboard days).

And then there is Death

I think I was on that RO server as well at some point, when Halan/Matt/Kath where spending a lot of their time on it.
    Dude I remember playing the Alpha and Beta versions of that game when everything would glitch out and Bahamut would randomly spawn in town and kill everyone.

:monster:

Wow, so many people I haven't spoken to in years. How are you guys? Hit me up on aim/msn/skype if I ever bother signing on again. Or facebook. I'm on IRC semi-regularly too.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    I searched, and Mighty Pirate Faris is a "guest" with no account behind it now, and Happypeepeehead has his entry on the wiki, amusingly, but doesn't seem to have posts (might be from before the wipe long long (long) ago if he did post after the easyboard days).
    I'm sure I remember him posting under Happypeepeehead at some point, but I'm getting old and maybe my memory's failing me. I remember seeing that urine-covered face on this blue background, though.

He had quite a few aliases, too, so that doesn't help matters.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

I remember you guys basically dragging me in there because it was the only effective way to keep in touch with some of you at the time.

EDIT: Also, tell HPPH to register, Raf.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Quote Originally Posted by Tigmafuzz View Post
    Nobody will remember Eternal Noodle Phil anyway
    Are you kidding? He's been around EoFF almost forever.
    some might say his essence is eternal

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

I remember you guys basically dragging me in there because it was the only effective way to keep in touch with some of you at the time.
    YOU say that Towns, but we know. We know.

Holy cheesecake, this thread is nostalgia galore! Great stuff.

I haven't posted much here in the past couple of years - especially in the last year. I've been really busy with university studying English, and now Art and Visual Culture. Just did my BA in Literature about Gothic Postcolonialism and Otherness this winter

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I saw Neel online earlier but he hasn't posted Now he was one suave guy.

make rubahlapah post regularly pls

and i guess kishi too

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I saw Neel online earlier but he hasn't posted Now he was one suave guy.
    I am confident he'll pull through for us.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This thread has epic written all over it. Reminds me of the Kick the Baby days on FFL.
    That "other" site

It's like Tickle Me Elmo, except cool.

So I read all 100 million posts here. I'm a bit disappointed the OP hasn't been discussed more:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cid
    Do people still go to online forums or do we prefer communication using only 140 characters and/or witty memes?
    It might not be the right place, but smurf it I'm doing this.

Unfortunately, most of these posts could be summed up in 140 characters or less, and I don't feel like I'm missing much. Those few that aren't (thanks Azar, sorry we haven't met up again, what the hell I can't even tag him?) are from people I have met in person or like BatChao, people I wish I had met in person, and frankly, I enjoy that mode of socialization a lot more. (It's healthier too!)

I spend enough time looking at a screen at work, and I don't use computers at home (only a phone, which is bad enough really). Having a better mobile forum interface would probably entice me to post more, because there is probably less garbage to sift through here than on my facebook or twitter feed. But that's a lot of "probably" to change now-ingrained habits.

So I am currently in Berkeley, CA; I'll be here for at least two more years. Married, MSEE, self-employed. I visit the LA area relatively frequently. I've met Kishi and Allie and Jeremy and Lamonda. And John Meneses! I don't even remember their usernames, except Kishi obviously, whose name I will not reveal. Funny story, that one.

I've met so many more people traveling through the States and in New Zealand (I still have a photo with Kelly and Evan and Nicky. And Big D! He is BIG in person.) I talk to Lynx and Clarissa and Marick regularly on Facebook. If you're around, find me on the Internet (Google "neelfirst") and let's meet up for your beverage of choice. On me.

To those of my friends much further away - I sincerely apologize for not being in touch. It makes me sad that we cannot easily meet in person. Again my Internet handle these days is "neelfirst" - let's stay in touch on more modern platforms. If you are visiting the SF Bay Area, let's meet up. If you need a place to stay, my home is open to you. Except Roogle. I don't trust that guy.

Finally, I'm glad to hear EoFF has turned around. I was allotting part of my savings fund to buying out the site should it have tanked. Despite not giving a trout about Square Enix anymore, I think the front site has markedly improved, your corporate relations are nice and cozy - overall it makes me happy to know this place will be around.

It's been nice to see familiar usernames with words next to them. (I wish most of you had written more! It's not so hard...) But what I have enjoyed most about this thread is experiencing once again the great Daniel Towns and his relentless energy and love of people. It takes a great person to pull together so many from across the world, even for something so simple as this. I am truly happy a person like you exists. God bless you, sir.

Warmly,
    Neel

Heeey, even though I never really posted here in the first place, there are actually a few people I recognize! Mostly from IRC, tGA (which, by the way, is still somewhat alive if anyone misses RPing! *cough*), or even...LiveJournal! I do miss #eoff sometimes. ;[

Happy now, DannyBoB?