Is my darling demondude still around?
    YOU! SIT! STAY!

I miss you so much never leave me again ;_;

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Awww, and here I was thinking the mobile style wasn't too shabby these days.

[img]http://home.eyesonff.com/images/smilies/heart.gif[/img] you Neel you lovely man.

EDIT: And yes, Nic, I am happy now. Just chat more, too. ;D
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Hmm, a generic e-mail sent me here! Appreciate it, though - it's good to see the names of people posting in this thread.

Things have changed. I'm pretty sure I didn't have a kind of career and grey hairs when I started posting here. I still wonder what I'll be when I grow up.

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Chickencha View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Endless View Post
    I searched, and Mighty Pirate Faris is a "guest" with no account behind it now, and Happypeepeehead has his entry on the wiki, amusingly, but doesn't seem to have posts (might be from before the wipe long long (long) ago if he did post after the easyboard days).
    I'm sure I remember him posting under Happypeepeehead at some point, but I'm getting old and maybe my memory's failing me. I remember seeing that urine-covered face on this blue background, though.

He had quite a few aliases, too, so that doesn't help matters.
    I thought so too, but I can't find anything, it might be that at some point he linked to the boards he used to post at, where he was holding the EDMs and we both went there and/or posted there. We're getting old, not remembering things clearly.

And then there is Death

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

While generic, Burt, I assure you that I hand-picked the names that got sent to. I do know a fair few names, but yeah. Sadly I got something like 20 bounced emails while attempting to bug people that way.

Anyways, good to see you, man

On a sidenote, you should all hop into #eoff. Resha in particular, because Demon Dude (Jake) wants to say hi to you.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Relm

Oh, you know me.

Keeping busy.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Resha View Post
    Is my darling demondude still around?
    hi

:monster:

Holy trout. So many awesome people. Hi
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

oh my shiva

FFXIV Character

Kalen Isis (Sargatanas)

This thread is a mess!
    Boo!

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Your avatar is tidying it up?

I remember when I wanted to make a RPG using RPGM2K that I was really annoyed at how I couldn't make all of Kishi's speech images instead of text.

EDIT: Okay, I have to snooze and then I have overtime tomorrow so I won't be back for a while, but if people want to leave requests of people to track down, throw them into this thread and I'll hopefully get to them when I'm on next... those that I'm able to contact, anyway. And Cid, I hope you got to read this far and I hope you remember a bunch of these people, as I know there are more coming that you DEFINITELY will remember.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shlup View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliope View Post
    Hey, thanks to you there's a couple out there having a baby! How does this make you feel?
    Who else is having a baby? :o

We're up to how many married EoFF couples now? I can think of three and a half.
    Not an EoFF couple, technically, but I met my husband as a direct result of an EoFF breakup, and we've now been married for almost 8 years, so it's still all Cid's fault.
    Popping up like a psychotic jack-in-the-box to get the Oldbies off their rocking chairs on the EoFF Assisted Living Home's porch >=D

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by -N- View Post
    So I read all 100 million posts here. I'm a bit disappointed the OP hasn't been discussed more:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cid
    Do people still go to online forums or do we prefer communication using only 140 characters and/or witty memes?
    It might not be the right place, but smurf it I'm doing this.

Unfortunately, most of these posts could be summed up in 140 characters or less, and I don't feel like I'm missing much. Those few that aren't (thanks Azar, sorry we haven't met up again, what the hell I can't even tag him?) are from people I have met in person or like BatChao, people I wish I had met in person, and frankly, I enjoy that mode of socialization a lot more. (It's healthier too!)
    These days I primarily use forums as a source of information rather than a source of interaction, for news and to keep a pulse on certain communities. A few months back I was working on a story I hope to eventually finish about the era of Bulletin Board Systems (something I'm too young to have experienced at the proper time) and how they were an early and powerful form of communication 25 years ago. More specifically, they provided an outlet to the nerds and weirdos and awkward teenagers who had trouble fitting in at school--it was the first time those people could reach outside their own neighborhoods and from relationships with other people like them.

Eyes on Final Fantasy was certainly that for me, to some extent, but I think the need for those sorts of outlets lessens with each passing year. The social stigma around video games and comic books and the rest is shrinking, and it's just so easy to interact with people through so many channels that it's easier than ever to surround yourself with like-minded people. The Internet is a wonderful thing, in that regard.

I think other social media outlets do make forums a bit obsolete, but the sad part about services like Twitter (which I do enjoy using) and even big discussion forums to some extent, is that they encourage instant communication, instant response, instant gratification, and less thought than other forms of discussion. Hell, even on a BBS you were limited by how damn slow your phone line was.

Anyway, personally, I feel like I don't need to use the Internet to seek out new relationships as much as I once did. And it feels like the more social networks there are available, the less we use any one of them to talk at length. I stick to IMing my closest friends for the most part.

I hope Kishi and Allie make their way up to San Francisco sometime. This is where all the cool video game stuff be at, anyway. And let's hang out soon, Neel--hit me up with your phone number on Twitter or something. Great weather this weekend.

I registered nearly 12 years ago... Huh.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

ADAM